Resolve AOL Desktop GOLD Won’t Open Issue? AOL Desktop Gold provides an awesome platform by which you can manage your emails in the most convenient manner possible. Additionally, there is no denying the fact that sending and receiving emails through AOL Desktop Gold is quite easy.
At the same time, like many other email clients, AOL desktop gold has its own limitations as well. One such drawback is the problems or errors that this email client is prone to at the time of its opening.
Imagine how annoying it can be when you are looking to send a new email and you encounter an “AOL Desktop Gold won’t open” issue. It’s needless to say that you will have to face a lot of inconvenience. Nonetheless, you don’t have to worry if AOL Desktop Gold is not opening on your PC. You just have to follow the troubleshooting steps discussed in this post and get rid of the problem with ease.
Why AOL Desktop Gold isn’t opening?
Unfortunately, there is no fixed reason that we can point to as the primary factor responsible for not opening AOL Desktop Gold. Actually, there are multiple factors that can lead to a problem in AOL Desktop Gold email client opening. Some of these factors are as follows:
- Improper Installation: In case your AOL Desktop Gold is not installed properly then it is quite possible that it will not open. In case AOL Desktop Gold stops running or opening after running fine previously then improper installation might not be the cause of your problem.
- Incompatibility: Please note that this software is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 only. In case you are using some other operating system then you may find yourself dealing with AOL Desktop Gold not responding issue.
- Low system storage space: If the storage space in the laptop/ PC in which you are using AOL desktop gold is low then this can lead to many errors.
- PC/ Laptop does not fulfill other system requirements: Like all other software, AOL desktop gold also has its own system requirements. In case your PC is not fulfilling them then you may have to face problems in opening the application.
- Virus infection: There are so many viruses and malware designed to hinder the workflow of email clients. If your PC is also affected by a similar malware then your email client like AOL Desktop Gold may stop working.
- Missing Windows update: The updates of Windows 10 are extremely important as far as its proper functioning is concerned. If some updates are missing on your Windows 10 PC then you might face problems like AOL Desktop isn’t opening, responding, etc.
- Antivirus not compatible: Some antivirus can also block AOL Desktop from opening if they are not compatible. Many a time, Windows firewalls are also responsible for not opening AOL Desktop in Windows 10.
- Other Email clients blocking AOL Desktop: In case you have multiple email clients installed on your PC then it can result in a software conflict. Such conflict is also a possible reason if your AOL desktop not working.
- Slow Internet connection: if the AOL desktop won’t open after launching properly then it seems like you are working on a slow internet connection.
What are the system requirements for AOL Desktop Gold?
Not fulfilling the system requirement is one of the most common reasons why problems like AOL Desktop Gold not working occur. Here are the exact system requirements for this program.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Processor: 266 MHz or a faster computer processor
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or a higher resolution is strongly recommended
- RAM: 1 GB Ram
- Hard Disk Space: Minimum of 512 MB of free space is required
Note: Additionally, the AOL Desktop Gold also requires a stable internet connection in order to work properly.
How can I Fix the “AOL Desktop GOLD Won’t Open” Issue with ease?
If you are unable to open AOL Desktop Gold then you should follow the solutions mentioned below. Please note who should try to open AOL Desktop Gold after following each step.
- First of all, make sure that you are connected to a stable and fast internet connection.
- Check all the system requirements mentioned above and ensure that your PC fulfills all of them.
- If you have any software installed on your computer that can interrupt the workflow of your AOL Desktop Gold app then you should remove it. Generally, such software conflict occurs when you have multiple email clients installed on your PC.
- If there is an update available for AOL Desktop Gold then you should install it immediately. For more convenience, you should enable the automatic AOL Desktop Gold updates.
- Many a time, it is observed that the antivirus software installed in the user’s computer is also responsible for the malfunctioning of AOL Desktop Gold. This might also be the situation with your computer. To check this, you should temporarily disable your antivirus and reload AOL desktop Gold.
- Similarly to the antivirus, the windows firewall can also interrupt the proper opening of AOL Desktop Gold. So, we recommend you temporarily disable the windows firewall along with the Antivirus.
- In case the problem continues even after trying the above solutions then you should activate your antivirus and deep scan your PC. Make sure there isn’t any virus or malware infection that is blocking AOL Desktop Gold from opening.
- Sometimes, even a simple restart can help you fix major problems. So, we suggest you restart your device multiple times and open AOL Desktop Gold again. Restarting PC can clear the RAM and many a time it can fix the problems related to the software.
- If all the steps discussed so far failed to resolve the issue then you should reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold. For reinstallation, you first have to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold and then install it from the official website.
We hope that once you are done following the above steps you will never have to face problems like AOL Desktop Gold won’t open.
However, if the issue persists then it seems that there is some serious glitch with your application. In such cases, we recommend you contact AOL Desktop Gold support and seek assistance from the experts.
You might like: