Resolve AOL Desktop GOLD Won’t Open Issue? AOL Desktop Gold provides an awesome platform by which you can manage your emails in the most convenient manner possible. Additionally, there is no denying the fact that sending and receiving email through AOL Desktop Gold is quite easy. At the same time, like many other email clients, AOL desktop Gold has its own limitations as well. One such drawback is the problems or errors that this email client is prone to at the time of its opening.
Imagine how annoying it can be when you are looking to send a new email and you encounter “AOL Desktop Gold won’t open” issue. It’s needless to say that you will have to face a lot of inconveniences. Nonetheless, you don’t have to worry if AOL Desktop Gold is not opening on your PC. You just have to follow the troubleshooting steps discussed in this post and get rid of the problem with ease.
Why AOL Desktop Gold isn’t opening?
Unfortunately, there is no fixed reason that we can point as the primary factor responsible for not opening of AOL Desktop Gold. Actually, there are multiple factors that can lead to a problem in AOL Desktop Gold email client opening. Some of these factors are as follows:
- Improper Installation: In case your AOL Desktop Gold is not installed properly then it is quite possible that it will not open. In case AOL Desktop Gold stops running or opening after running fine previously then improper installation might not be the cause of your problem.
- Incompatibility: Please note that this software is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 only. In case you are using some other operating system then you may find yourself dealing with AOL Desktop Gold not responding issue.
- Low system storage space: If the storage space in the laptop/ PC in which you are using AOL desktop gold is low then this can lead to many errors.
- PC/ Laptop do not fulfill other system requirements: Like all other software, AOL desktop gold also has its own system requirements. In case your PC is not fulfilling them then you may have to face problems in opening the application.
- Virus infection: There are so many viruses and malware designed to hinder the workflow of email clients. If your PC is also affected with a similar malware then your email client like AOL Desktop Gold may stop working.
What are the system requirements for AOL Desktop Gold?
Not fulfilling the system requirement is one of the most common reasons why problems like AOL Desktop Gold not working occur. Here are the exact system requirements for this program.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Processor: 266 MHz or a faster computer processor
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or a higher resolution is strongly recommended
- RAM: 1 GB Ram
- Hard Disk Space: Minimum 512 MB free space is required
Note: Additionally, the AOL Desktop Gold also requires a stable internet connection in order to work properly.
How can I troubleshoot “AOL Desktop GOLD Won’t Open Issue” with ease?
If you are unable to open AOL Desktop Gold then you should follow the solutions mentioned below. Please note that who should try to open AOL Desktop Gold after following each step.
- First of all, make sure that you are connected to a stable and fast internet connection.
- Check all the system requirements mentioned above and ensure that your PC fulfills all of them.
- If you have any software installed on your computer that can interrupt the workflow of your AOL Desktop Gold app then you should remove it. Generally, such software conflict occurs when you have multiple email clients installed on your PC.
- If there is an update available for AOL Desktop Gold then you should install it immediately. For more convenience, you should enable the automatic AOL Desktop Gold updates.
- Many a time, it is observed that the antivirus software installed in the user’s computer is also responsible for the malfunctioning of AOL Desktop Gold. This might also be the situation with your computer. To check this, you should temporarily disable your antivirus and reload AOL desktop Gold.
- Similarly to the antivirus, the windows firewall can also interrupt the proper opening of AOL Desktop Gold. So, we recommend you to temporarily disable windows firewall along with the Antivirus.
- In case the problem continues even after trying the above solutions then you should activate your antivirus and deep scan your PC. Make sure there isn’t any virus or malware infection that is blocking AOL Desktop Gold from opening.
- Sometimes, even a simple restart can help you fix the major problems. So, we suggest you restart your device multiple times and open AOL Desktop Gold again. Restarting PC can clear the RAM and many a time it can fix the problems related to the software.
- If all the steps discussed so far failed to resolve the issue then you should reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold. For reinstallation, you first have to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold and then install it from the official website.
We hope that once you are done with following the above steps you will never have to face problems like AOL Desktop Gold won’t open. However, if the issue persists then it seems that there is some serious glitch with your application. In such cases, we recommend you to contact AOL Desktop Gold support and seek assistance from the experts.