Here you will know how to fix the AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding problem? AOL Desktop Gold is an awesome email client for managing your emails. As far as features and functions are concerned it can compete with any emailing software available today.
Despite having exemplary features, AOL Desktop is not fully immune to technical glitches. Actually, like most technical software, AOL Desktop is also prone to some common issues. Some of the problems regularly reported by the users are AOL Desktop not working, not opening, stopped working, etc.
If you are also dealing with similar problems then you should try to fix them as early as possible because not being able to access emails can lead you to miss important opportunities. In this post, we will discuss why your AOL Desktop isn’t working or responding and how you can fix it effortlessly.
Reasons why AOL Desktop not opening or responding
These days, when most of the online services are associated with our email accounts it is important to keep our email client at its peak performance. We all know AOL Desktop is a very sophisticated technical software that may have a lot of complex issues. Still, there are a few common reasons that we can point out as primary causes of the AOL Desktop Gold not responding problem.
- Improper or interrupted installation: In case your AOL Desktop installation is not from the official source or interrupted midway then you can face such kinds of issues.
- Conflict with other software: If your PC or laptop has such applications which can interrupt the work process of AOL Desktop then you may encounter problems.
- Hard Disk space is running out: AOL Desktop does not respond or work properly in case the storage space in the hard disk starts to deplete.
- Virus Infection: Many malware applications are designed to cause problems with email clients. If your computer is also infected with such malware then you may have to deal with problems like AOL Desktop Gold stopped opening etc.
- Weak Internet Connection: It is obvious that an email client requires a stable internet connection in order to send and receive emails. If your AOL Desktop gold stopped responding then a weak internet connection might be a reason behind that.
The users should keep in mind that these are just a few possible causes. In fact, there are many more technical and non-technical reasons that can stop AOL Desktop from working.
How to fix AOL Desktop Gold not responding issue?
The basic phenomenon to troubleshoot the AOL Desktop problem is very simple. You just need to identify and resolve the factors causing the issue. Let’s go through some general steps that you should follow one by one if your AOL Desktop stopped working.
- Check your Internet connection. The first thing that you are required to check is your internet connection. Ensure that you are connected to fast and uninterrupted internet. In case there is a problem with your internet connection then you should contact your ISP.
- Make sure your computer fulfills all the system requirements of AOL Desktop. Like any other email client, AOL Desktop also has its system requirements. You need to ensure that your PC or laptop fulfills all of them.
- Operation System: Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
- RAM: 1 GB recommended
- Free Hard Disk space: At least 512 MB
- Internet connection: Requires a smooth internet connection
- Update your AOL Desktop software program if you are using an obsolete version of the same. For more convenience, you should enable the option of updating AOL Desktop Gold automatically.
- Remove all such software installed on your computer /laptop that can stop AOL Desktop from loading.
- Antivirus and windows firewall can also be a reason behind AOL Desktop, not loading problem. You should run AOL Desktop again after disabling the antivirus and windows firewall.
- If the problem keeps on occurring again and again then you may reinstall AOL Desktop. Make sure you download and install the software from the official website of AOL.
- Launch AOL Desktop once again after stopping all the ongoing downloads. These downloads can interrupt the Internet Connection.
- Scan your computer using a good antivirus software program if the issue persists.
- If AOL Desktop not responding on Windows 10 or any other version of windows then you should make sure to install all the windows updates.
- Restart your PC and try to run AOL Desktop one more time.
Your AOL Desktop software should work flawlessly after following the above steps. However, in case AOL Desktop won’t open even after trying all the above solutions then you should contact AOL Desktop support.
You might like: