AOL Email not working 2020: Being fast, cheap and convenient, emails are now one of the most preferred ways of communication, especially for professional messages. At the same time, over dependency on email accounts can also be a bit problematic as well. Not being able to receive or send emails at a crucial time can lead you to miss important opportunities. If you are an AOL email user then you should consider yourself lucky because it is one of the most sophisticated email services available today. However, the harsh reality is that the AOL email service is also prone to some issues.
This tutorial is especially for those users who are facing troubles because their AOL email is not working. Here, we will discuss the possible reasons why AOL email not working for you and what you need to do in order to fix this situation.
What are the major problems related to an AOL email account?
AOL is a web-based email service so it is obvious it involves a lot of technicalities to work properly. Even a minor technical glitch can result in the deviation in the proper workflow of AOL. Some of the most commonly reported problems with an AOL email account are as follows:
- AOL mail not currently available
- AOL mail not receiving emails
- My AOL hacked by someone
- How do I reset my AOL mail settings
- Error messages during AOL password recovery
- AOL email not responding on android
- Unable to log into AOL mail.
- AOL mail not sending emails.
- Not able to attach files to AOL mail.
- Forgot AOL email password.
- AOL email not loading or loading slowly.
- AOL password not working
- Issues with AOL icon
The email service of AOL is used by a large number of users. An individual user can have a completely unique problem. This is the reason why it is not necessary that you will find the issue you are facing in the list above.
Why AOL Email isn’t working?
It is not possible to predict the precise reason why AOL webmail not working on your device without knowing the exact error message. Nevertheless, we have compiled some very common factors responsible for various AOL email issues as given below:
- Not using the AOL email in a compatible browser.
- Using an incorrect password or making a typing mistake while entering the password.
- AOL email account getting hacked.
- Using wrong AOL IMAP/ POP settings.
- Trying to attach a very big file to your AOL email
- Format of the file attached is not supported in AOL.
- Running out of storage limit of your AOL email account.
- Antivirus program or other security software like windows firewall blocking AOL from fetching new emails from the server
No matter what the reason is, not being able to access your vital emails can be immensely frustrating. That’s why you should try to fix your AOL email account as early as possible it is not working fine.
How to fix AOL email on your PC?
Here are the steps that you should follow if AOL email is not working on a windows computer.
- First of all, check your LAN or wireless internet connection because the internet is a basic requirement for AOL email to work properly.
- Make sure you are opening your AOL email account on a compatible browser. For the best service, you should opt for MS Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Also, you should ensure that you are using the latest version of these browsers.
- In case AOL email not working on Chrome or any other compatible browser then you should clear the cache. Please note that procedure to clear cache is different for all the browsers.
- Check the extensions/ add-ons of your browser and disable all such add-ons that can block AOL email from loading.
- In case you are facing the AOL login issues then make sure you are entering the correct password. If the problem continues then you need to reset AOL password.
- Check the file attachment in case you are not able to send AOL emails. The size and format of the file you are trying to attach need to be permissible.
- Disable your Antivirus/ Windows firewall and run AOL email once again.
- Also, ensure that the storage space within your AOL email account is not depleting. If it is so then you need to delete some older emails.
AOL Email not working on iPhone
AOL email is fully compatible to work fine on iOS devices. Check out the steps below if your AOL email is working fine on a PC but problems are arising while using it on an iPhone. The troubleshooting steps are the same as mentioned for PC if you are not able to use AOL email on safari or any other web browser on iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet via wifi or mobile data connection.
- Ensure that the storage space in your iPhone is not depleting.
- Check your AOL IMAP/ POP settings and make sure you are using the correct one.
- Switch to AOL IMAP settings if you are using POP and vice versa in case the problem persists.
- Check and make sure you uninstall all such apps that can hinder the AOL email workflow.
- In case AOL still not working properly then you may download and install AOL app for iOS from the app store. This app will sure let you access your AOL email with ease.
What to do if AOL Email account not working on Android devices?
Similarly to the iPhone, you may face problems in using AOL email on Android devices as well. In case you are not able to use AOL email on android using IMAP/ POP then you should follow the instruction below.
- Check the wifi/ mobile data connection of your Android device. Also, ensure that your phone is not on airplane mode.
- Make sure you have set up AOL mail on android properly by using correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- Switch to a different setting i.e. POP in case you are using IMAP or IMAP if you are using POP.
- Remove all such applications from your Android phone that can stop AOL from fetching emails from the server.
- Make sure your Android device is not running out of storage space.
- Download and install AOL app from Google play store and run your AOL email account from there.
Your AOL email account should work fine after following the instruction given in this post. However, if AOL email still not working then you should seek guidance through AOL Email support.