AT&T Not Working 2020: Nowadays, our day to day life is more dependent on email services than ever before. From online shopping to online money transfer we need our email IDs. This is the reason why we want our email account to remain flawless all the time. If you use AT&T as your primary email service provider then you are quite lucky because the errors and issue with AT&T email accounts are quite rare. However, we must not forget the fact that there is no email service in the world that is completely immune to the issues and AT&T email is not an exception.
If A&T webmail is not working on your PC then this tutorial is going to help you significantly. Here, we will find out the various reasons why AT&T not working or stopped working for you and what you need to do in order to cope up with this situation.
What problems and issues can occur in AT&T Email?
AT&T is one of the fastest and most secure email services available today. The advantages of AT&T email service have increased many folds after collaborating with Yahoo. As far as the issues are concerned, AT&T is not different from the other email services. Although it is not possible for us to list all the issues, we have listed some of the most common ones as given below:
- AT&T not opening on chrome
- AT&T not responding on Outlook
- Unable to log in AT&T
- AT&T not receiving email
- AT&T password not working
- Can’t access AT&T email on iPhone
- Problems in AT&T password recovery
- AT&T stopped working on Android
- Unable to search email on AT&T webmail account
- AT&T email hacked by someone
- A&T email attachment issues
- Not able to send AT&T email
Please note that these are not the only problems that AT&T users have to encounter. Actually, if you are an AT&T email user then you may have to deal with many other issues as well.
AT&T not working on Chrome or other browsers
AT&T email should work fine on chrome browser. Here are the steps that you need to follow in case you can’t use AT&T properly on chrome or other browsers.
- First of all, check the compatibility of the browser with AT&T webmail. AT&T is readily compatible with the following browsers.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Safari for Mac
- Also, make sure that you use the latest version of the compatible browsers to load AT&T.
- Clear the data of your web browser such as cache, cookies etc. and then load AT&T email again.
- In case you have random extensions in your browser then you should remove them and load AT&T webmail.
- If the AT&T still not working then you may disable your antivirus and windows firewall.
- AT&T should work fine after following the above steps. However, if the issues are persisting then you should switch to another browser or device.
AT&T not working on Android/ iPhone
The users can check AT&T email on android/ iPhone either using a web browser or by configuring it using IMAP/ POP. For a better experience, it is always recommended to add AT&T on Android/ iPhone using IMAP/ POP. However, if you are facing difficulties in using AT&T on iPhone/ Android through POP/ IMAP protocols then you should check the steps below:
- Make sure your phone (Android or iPhone) is not on airplane mode.
- Confirm that your phone has a smooth wifi or mobile data connection.
- Check the storage space in your phone and make sure it is not running low.
- Remove all such applications that can conflict with AT&T email.
- Recheck the IMAP/ POP settings that you have installed on your device.
- Switch to POP in case you are using IMAP to load AT&T email and vice versa.
- Restart your device multiple times and see if this resolves the AT&T not working problem.
Here the IMAP settings to set up AT&T on Android/ iPhone
- POP/ IMAP: IMAP
- Incoming mail server (Hostname): imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming mail port: 993
- SSL (Security) incoming: SSL
- Outgoing mail server (Hostname): smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing mail port: 465
- Sign-in requirement: yes
Forgot AT&T password/ Password not working
Forgetting the password is the primary cause why users have to face AT&T sign-in problems. Let’s go through the steps by which you can retrieve a lost AT&T password.
- First of all, you need to visit the official login page of the AT&T webmail.
- Then, you need to click on the “Forget Password?” link from the bottom of the sign-in window.
- Make sure that the radio button appears right next to the password is selected.
- Enter user ID along with captcha code and click on the “Continue” button.
- After that, you have to select the method by which you want to receive the temporary password. Here, you can choose the AT&T password recovery phone number or alternate email address.
- Alternatively, you may also opt for answering the AT&T email security questions.
- Enter the temporary password or security questions.
- Then, you have to provide a new password for your AT&T email account.
- Finally, you may check the new password by logging in to your AT&T webmail account.
We hope that your AT&T email account will work properly after going through this post. However, if the problem is still occurring then you should get in touch with the AT&T customer service team.