How to Reset ATT Email Password: Apart from providing a pretty good wireless communication service, AT&T also provides a free webmail service to its users. The webmail service of AT&T is quite easy to use and loaded with all the necessary features that an ideal email service should have.
The security features of AT&T are also very good. It will never let you access your email account unless you enter the correct password. That’s why the users may have to face a lot of problems in case of Reset forgetting the AT&T email password.
Nonetheless, there is a very effective and simple method of Reset AT&T Password by which you can get access to your AT&T email account after losing the password. In this post, we will provide you with complete details about the processes of retrieving AT&T passwords.
Things to check before Reset AT&T Password
There are a few things that you should know before resetting the ATT Email password as given below
- In case you are resetting the AT&T password because the current password isn’t working then you should ensure that you aren’t making any typing errors while entering the current password.
- Make sure that the caps lock button is not pressed while entering the current AT&T password.
- Please note that it is not possible to get back the same A&T password that you were using previously. You can only reset the current password and create a new one.
- While resetting the password, make sure you use the compatible browser and that your device is properly connected to the internet.
How to Reset ATT Email Password?
The process to reset the AT&T webmail password is very easy. You just need to carefully follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to visit my AT&T login page through the following URL – https://www.att.com/my/#/login
- Here, you need to click on the “Forget Password” link that will appear at the bottom of the login window.
- Now, make sure that the radio button next to the “Password” option is checked and enter your “User ID”.
- Along with the “User ID”, you also need to provide the “Last name”.
- Click on the “Continue” button after entering the captcha code.
- On the next screen, you need to select the option to reset the AT&T webmail password using a temporary password.
- Select the method by which you want to receive the AT&T temporary password i.e. AT&T password recovery phone number or email ID.
- Provide the temporary password that you must have received at your phone number or secondary email ID.
- Then, enter a new password for your AT&T email account.
The AT&T password recovery is now completed; you can use your new login credential to sign in to your AT&T email account.
How to Reset ATT Email password without a phone number or email id?
In case you don’t have access to the AT&T recovery phone number or secondary email ID then you can reset the password using security questions. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to do so.
- Go to the myAT&T login page and click on the “Forget Password?” link that will appear at the bottom of the window.
- Enter the AT&T user ID and your last name at the prescribed location.
- Enter the captcha code carefully and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you need to select “Security Questions” as the method to recover the AT&T password.
- Answer the AT&T email security questions to the best of your knowledge.
- AT&T will let you create a new password if the security questions answered by you are correct.
- Finally, create a new password for your AT&T email account.
Change AT&T Password
To keep your AT&T email account safe, it is often recommended to keep changing your password regularly. Here is how you can change your AT&T email password with ease.
- To initiate the process, you need to sign in to your AT&T email account.
- Locate and click on the “Change Password” button.
- For security reasons, you may need to enter your current password once before creating the new password
- Enter a new password for your AT&T account and confirm it by entering it once again.
Your password will be changed as soon as you confirm the new password.
Tips for creating a strong A&T email password.
No matter whether you change the password or run AT&T Password recovery, every time you have to provide a new password. Here are some characteristics of a strong AT&T password that you should know.
- Always try to create a longer password. The length of your AT&T password should be at least 6 to 24 characters.
- Don’t use common and easy-to-guess words in your password.
- Avoid common series like abcdef, 123456, etc in your password.
- The password must have a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers.
You might like: