Block Spam Email from Your Yahoo Mail: Yahoo is an extremely popular email service that’s why it always remains in the firing range of spammers. Spam messages are usually promotional stuff and are not harmful.
However, they can be very annoying if you start to receive them in bulk. But, the good thing is that you can very easily block spam emails from Your Yahoo email account.
There is an option available in Yahoo which allows you to block incoming emails from up to 500 email addresses automatically.
In this article, we will provide you with different methods by which you can block spam email messages in Yahoo email effectively.
How can I block spam emails from a particular email address on Yahoo?
If you are receiving spam/unwanted messages from a particular email account, you can block the same effectively.
- Firstly, you need to log into your Yahoo email account on a web browser.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon available at the right corner of the window.
- Choose the “More Settings” option from the settings menu that will open.
- Then, select the “Security and Privacy” category and choose the “Add” option available next to the “Blocked addresses” list.
- Now, the “Add an email address to block” page will open on your screen.
- After that, you have to type in the email address of the spammer under the “Address” heading.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button from the bottom of the screen.
Mark an email as spam in the Yahoo email address
Blocking an email address is very easy on Yahoo. However, most spammers use multiple email accounts to send spam messages. In such cases, you can mark an email as spam using the steps discussed below.
- To initiate the process, you have to make sure that you are signed in to your Yahoo email account.
- Go to your inbox and click on the checkboxes available next to the spam emails.
- Find and click the “Spam” button that will appear at the top of the page near the search bar.
- Now, all the emails selected by you will move to the spam folder.
- Finally, you can also empty the spam folder by opening it and clicking on the “Trash” icon.
Precaution tips from spam emails.
Here are some tips that you can follow to minimize spam emails on your Yahoo email account.
- Never click on the link available in any of the spam emails.
- Restrict yourself from replying to spam messages.
- Do not provide your email address on random websites.
- Avoid the “Unsubscribe” link in the spam emails. Clicking unsubscribe notifies spammers that your email ID is active this will attract more spam emails.
- You can also create custom filters to block Spam Emails from Your Yahoo Mail.
List Yahoo Email Regarding Query With Solution
- How to Recover Yahoo Mail Forgotten Password?
- Yahoo Temporary error
- Enable and disable yahoo 2 step verification
- Configure Yahoo Mail On iPhone
- How to Delete Yahoo Account from Desktop?
- Set up Yahoo Account Key in Browser, Android
- Yahoo Account Key Say Goodbye to Password
- How to Add an Alternate Email Address on Yahoo Mail
- How to Add a Mobile number on Yahoo mail?
- Block Spam Email from Your Yahoo Mail