How to Check Recent Yahoo! Mail Login Activities?These days, a lot of our confidential details remain stored in our email account. This is the reasons why even thought of our email account getting hacked can be a nightmare for us. In case you suspect that your Yahoo email account is hacked and accessed by someone else then yahoo has provided a very useful feature for you. Now, you can check recent Yahoo! Mail login activities quite easily. You will be able to get the location as well as the IP address of the hacker. Keep reading this post to find the step by step method to check the recent Yahoo! Mail login activities.
Steps to open recent Login Activities in your Yahoo Mail Account
To check the location and IP address from where your yahoo email account was recently accessed, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start the process, you need to sign-in to your yahoo Email account using a compatible browser.
- Click on the gear icon from the top corner and open the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to click on the “Account Info” button which will probably appear on the 8th position in the drop-down menu.
- Now, go to the left-hand side panel and click on the “Recent Activity” tab listed just below the “Account Security” option.
- That’s it! The recent activities of your Yahoo account will now appear on the screen.
- Now, you can trace the unusual location and IP address from where your account might be accessed.
- The IP address of your current device will also appear on the bottom of your screen.
Please note that Yahoo! only keeps the data from the last 30 days only. So, it is not possible to check the activities earlier than 30 days.
How to keep your yahoo Account safe?
Given below are some tips by which you can keep your Yahoo account safe from future hacking attempts.
- Regularly change the password of your Yahoo account. Changing the password automatically close all the active sessions of your Yahoo email account.
- Never click on the links available in the email from an unknown source.
- Keep a good antivirus application active in your computer and mobile phone.
- Always access your email account from a trusted device and network only.
- Avoid clicking random links while browsing the Internet.
- Never share your Yahoo account password with anyone under any circumstances.