Comcast Not Working: Comcast is a prestigious email service that is offered by Xfinity to its high-speed internet users. The importance of an email account in our daily life is increasing quite rapidly. That’s why even a small malfunctioning in your email account can lead up to a lot of inconveniences. Just imagine how troublesome a situation will be if you have to send an urgent email and Comcast stop working all of sudden. It is needless to say that you will have to face a lot of problems. So, you should always keep your Comcast email account to its peak performance.
Kindly go through this article if Comcast not working on your computer or mobile phone. Here, we will discuss the factors that can lead to Comcast email problems and what you need to do in order to get rid of them.
Reasons why Comcast email not working
There are a lot of possible problems that can occur in a Comcast email account. Each one of them has its own reasons. Let’s go through some common Comcast email issues and the most probable reasons behind them.
- Unable to log into Comcast email: The most common factor behind Comcast sign-in issue is forgetting the password. You need to run Comcast password recovery in such cases
- Comcast email not loading/ opening: This type of problem can occur due to multiple factors including slow internet, incompatible browser, etc.
- Comcast not sending an email: You may find it difficult to send Comcast email if your Comcast email account is blocked. Generally, an email account is blocked due to sending a large number of spam messages.
- Not able to receive email on Comcast: All Comcast email accounts come with limited storage space. If you are running out of space then you may not able to receive new emails. However, many other factors are also responsible for not receiving the email.
- Comcast not responding on iPhone: The reason behind this problem depends upon the method by which you use Comcast email on iPhone i.e. by safari browser or by IMAP/ POP configuration.
- Comcast email account hacked by someone: Well, if someone has access to your email account then you need to run Comcast password recovery to get your email account back.
- Unable to attach a file to Comcast email: The primary reason behind the Comcast email attachment issue is trying to attach a file that is too big in size or has an unsupported format.
What to do if Comcast email isn’t working on a windows computer?
Let’s go through the steps that you should follow in case Comcast email isn’t working on your Windows PC/ Laptop.
- Comcast webmail service requires a good internet connection, so make sure your internet connection is fast and stable.
- Make sure you are loading Comcast in a compatible browser.
- Check the Comcast login credentials that you are entering. Run Comcast password recovery if you can’t remember the login credential.
- Confirm that enough storage space is left in your email account for a new message.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browser and run Comcast email once again.
- Disable all third-party extensions and plug-ins from your browser and open Comcast email for one more time.
- Check the IMAP/ POP settings if Comcast not working on Outlook or other third party email clients like Firefox, Incredimail, etc.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus as well as windows firewall to see if this resolves your Comcast email issues.
Comcast email password not working
In case you forgot Comcast password or your password isn’t working due to any reason then you should follow the steps below:
- To initiate the proceedings, you need to visit the official password reset link – www.xfinity.com/password.
- Enter your Comcast email address and click on the “continue” button.
- After that, you need to enter the captcha code and click on the “Continue” button.
- Then, select the option for the method by which you wants to receive the password recovery code i.e. “Email me”, “Text me”, “Call me” or “Answer my secret question”.
- Enter the password recovery code or answer the secret question as applicable.
- Finally, you just need to create a new password for your Comcast email account.
Fix- Unable to send an email on Comcast
Here is the procedure to fix the problem if you are not able to send Comcast email.
- Make sure your Comcast email account is not blocked due to sending a lot of spam or violating other terms of service.
- Check the size and format of the email that you are trying to send. Both the size and format must be permissible.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Check IMAP/ POP setting if you can’t send an email on an email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.
- Try to send yourself an email. In case you receive the email then it seems that the problem is at the end of your receiver.
- Contact your receiver and ask them to check their filter settings and block list. Make sure your emails are not being filtered out by the email settings of your receiver.
- Ask your receivers to contact their email service provider if the problem continues.
You should able to use Comcast email account properly after reading this post. Still, if you are dealing with an issue then you should contact Comcast support and seek help.