In this article, you will know about the Cox Email Not Working issue that how to fix it now. Cox is one of the most prominent high-speed Internet service providers in the United States. Along with the high-speed internet, Cox users also get the facility of creating up to 10 email accounts. Each email account has a storage limit of 2 GB.
There is no doubt that the webmail service of Cox is quite impressive in terms of performance and security. However, it is also a fact that some common Cox email issues are inevitable. The problem of Cox email not working can be even more troublesome in case you have to send or receive an urgent email.
This tutorial is just for you if your Cox email stopped working or does not open properly. Here, we will discuss the different possible reasons behind the Cox email issues and the steps to fix them with ease.
Common Cox Email problems
Very advanced and sophisticated email technologies are available today. Still, no email service is completely flawless. Cox email users are also prone to a large number of issues. Some of them are as follows:
- Unable to log into Cox email: The most common reason behind the Cox email sign-in issue is forgetting the password. You need to run Cox email password recovery in case you can’t remember the password.
- Cox not sending an email: There is a limit on the maximum number of emails that you can send in a day. Make sure you haven’t crossed that limit. Also, make sure you are entering the correct email address of the recipient.
- Cox email not opening on Chrome or any other browser: This kind of issue is generally caused due to the compatibility problem of the web browsers. In case you are also facing a similar issue then you need to ensure that Cox email is compatible with your web browser.
- Unable to reset Cox email password: You should have access to the Cox password recovery phone number or email address to reset the password.
- Cox email account blocked: Cox block the email accounts of those users who don’t follow certain rules and regulations. Generally, these blocks are temporary and you must be able to use your account normally after a few days.
- Cox email isn’t working on iOS: To use Cox email on iOS devices, you must know the proper IMAP/ POP settings. Alternatively, you may also use Cox email through the Safari browser on iOS devices.
- Can’t receive email on Cox: This problem generally occurs when the storage space in your Cox email account starts to deplete. You should remove the old email if this is the case with you. Also, make sure that you haven’t blocked the senders by mistake.
- Hacked Cox email account: In case your Cox email is hacked then you may get it back by resetting the password. However, problems can be severe if the hacker has changed the password recovery option such as phone number or email ID.
Why is my Cox Email Not Working?
The main causes of common Cox email problems are demonstrated below:
An interrupted and slow internet connection: To load your email correctly, your internet connection must be working without interruption. If you are not connected to the internet, then you can face troubles in accessing Cox emails.
Using a wrong username or password: Most of the login issues occurs due to forgetting the Cox email password. Occasionally, users can also make typing mistakes while entering the username and password
Using Cox email on an incompatible browser or device: If Cox emails are not loading or opening, your browser might be the culprit.
Incoming IMAP/ POP configuration: If you are using Cox on other third-party applications such as MS Outlook, and Mozilla Thunderbird then you can face errors because of improper IMAP/ POP settings.
Windows Firewall and your Antivirus software: Sometimes, your windows firewall and antivirus can also cause difficulty in the proper working of Cox Email.
Extensions and Add-ons installed in your browser: We install add-ons and extensions on our browsers to enhance the user experience. But, these extensions can also be responsible for errors and issues in Cox email.
Cox not working on windows | Cox Email Troubleshooting
In case your Cox email account not working on chrome or any other browser then you should follow the steps below very carefully.
- It is needless to say that Cox webmail requires an Internet connection. So, you should make sure that your internet connection is fast and smooth.
- Check the compatibility of your web browser with Cox. In case your browser is not compatible then you must change it.
- Clear the caches and cookies of your browser in case Cox webmail is not opening properly.
- Disable all the 3rd party extensions from your browser as they can also block Cox from working properly.
- Recheck the IMAP/ POP settings if Cox not working on Outlook or another email client.
- In case the problem continues then you should run Cox after disabling your antivirus and Windows Firewall.
Cox email isn’t working on Android/ iPhone
If you want to use Cox email on Android or iPhone using a mobile web browser and facing issues then you should follow the steps mentioned earlier. For a better experience, we recommend you, configure Cox email on Android/ iPhone using IMAP/ POP. Follow the steps below for cox email troubleshooting in case you are facing problems in doing so.
- Make sure your Android/ iPhone is not in Airplane mode.
- Check the wifi and mobile data connection to ensure that you remain connected to the Internet.
- Ensure that your iPhone or Android phone is not running out of storage space. If it is so then you may remove some unwanted applications.
- Switch to IMAP if you are using POP settings and vice versa.
- Check the IMAP/ POP setting for Cox and make sure it is correct. The POP settings for using Cox on Android and iOS are as follows:
- Incoming email server (Hostname): pop.cox.net
- Incoming port: 110
- SSL: None
- Outgoing email server hostname: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing email port: 25
- Sign-in requirement: yes
Cox email account not sending/ receiving emails
Make an effort to send yourself an email, if an email doesn’t reach your inbox then your Cox email is surely not working correctly.
- Check the email in other folders within your Cox email account as well as spam, trash, etc.
- Check the filters of your Cox email account and notice if the new incoming emails are not being filtered out.
- Make sure you have not blocked the sender/ recipient.
- Also, ensure that you are not blocked by your recipient or sender.
- Check the POP/ IMAP configuration settings are correct. Keep in mind you can’t send an email if the Cox email SMTP server not working.
- For a short time period, disable the antivirus software installed on your device.
Cox Email Login Problems | Cox Email Login Not Working
Here are the steps that you should follow if you are facing Cox Email Login Problems such as your Cox email password not working
- First of all, you need to visit the Cox login page.
- And click on the “Forget password” link.
- After that, Cox will send you a security code on your mobile number associated with your Cox account.
- Now enter the security code at the prescribed location.
- And then create a new Cox email password and log in to Cox email effortlessly.
Once you are done following all the steps, your Cox email account should work fine. However, in case you are still dealing with some issues then you should contact Cox Email customer service for further assistance.
You might like: