Cox Email not Working 2020: Cox is one of the most prominent high-speed Internet service providers in the United States. Along with the high-speed internet, the Cox users also get a facility of creating up to 10 email accounts. Each email account has a storage limit of 2 GB. There is no doubt that the webmail service of Cox is quite impressive in terms of performance and security. However, it is also a fact that there are some common Cox email issues that are inevitable. The problem of Cox email not working can be even more troublesome in case you have to send or receive an urgent email.
This tutorial is just for you if your Cox email stopped working or not opening properly. Here, we will discuss the different possible reasons behind the Cox email issues and steps to fix them with ease.
Common Cox Email problems and their reasons
Very advanced and most sophisticated email technologies are available today. Still, there is absolutely no email service that is completely flawless. Cox email users are also prone to a large number of issues. Some of them are as follows:
- Unable to log into Cox email: The most common reason behind Cox email sign-in issue is forgetting the password. You need to run Cox email password recovery in case you can’t remember the password.
- Cox not sending an email: There is a limit of the maximum number of emails that you can send in a day. Make sure you haven’t crossed that limit. Also, make sure you are entering the correct email address of the recipient.
- Cox email not opening on Chrome or any other browser: This kind of issue is generally caused due to the compatibility problem of the web browsers. In case you are also facing similar issue then you need to ensure that Cox email is compatible with your web browser.
- Unable to reset Cox email password: You should have access to Cox password recovery phone number or email address in order to reset the password.
- Cox email account blocked: Cox block the email accounts of those users who don’t follow certain rules and regulation. Generally, these blocks are temporary and you must be able to use your account normally after a few days.
- Cox email isn’t working on iOS: To use Cox email on iOS devices, you must know the proper IMAP/ POP settings. Alternatively, you may also use Cox email through the Safari browser on iOS devices.
- Can’t receive email on Cox: This problem generally occurs when the storage space in your Cox email account starts to deplete. You should remove the old email if this is the case with you. Also, make sure that you haven’t blocked the senders by mistake.
- Hacked Cox email account: In case your Cox email is hacked then you may get it back by resetting the password. However, problems can be severe if the hacker has changed the password recovery option such as phone number or email ID.
Cox not working on windows
In case your Cox email account not working on chrome or any other browser then you should follow the steps below very carefully.
- It is needless to say that Cox webmail requires an Internet connection. So, you should make sure that your internet connection is fast and smooth.
- Check the compatibility of your web browser with Cox. In case your browser is not compatible then you must change it.
- Clear the caches and cookies of your browser in case Cox webmail is not opening properly.
- Disable all the 3rd party extension from your browser as they can also block Cox from working in a proper manner.
- Recheck the IMAP/ POP settings if Cox not working on Outlook or another email client.
- In case the problem continues then you should run Cox after disabling your antivirus and Windows Firewall.
Cox email isn’t working on Android/ iPhone
If you want to use Cox email on Android or iPhone using a mobile web browser and facing issues then you should follow the steps mentioned earlier. For a better experience, we recommend you to configure Cox email on Android/ iPhone using IMAP/ POP. Follow the steps below in case you are facing problems in doing so.
- Make sure your Android/ iPhone is not on Airplane mode.
- Check the wifi and mobile data connection to ensure that you remain connected to the Internet.
- Ensure that your iPhone or Android phone is not running out of storage space. If it is so then you may remove some unwanted applications.
- Switch to IMAP if you are using POP settings and vice versa.
- Check the IMAP/ POP setting for Cox and make sure it is correct. The POP settings for using Cox on Android and iOS are as follows:
- Incoming email server (Hostname): pop.cox.net
- Incoming port: 110
- SSL: None
- Outgoing email server hostname: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing email port: 25
- Sign-in requirement: yes
Once you are done with following all the steps, your Cox email account should work fine. However, in case you are still dealing with some issues then you should contact Cox Email customer service for further assistance.