Cox Password Recovery: To keep your email account safe, it is often recommended to keep changing your password regularly. However, due to the hassle of frequent changes in the password, it is not rare to see users forgetting their password. In case you are a Cox email user and can’t remember your email password then this post is just for you.
You should note that it is not possible to retrieve exactly the same Cox email password that you were using formerly. You can only reset Cox Password and create a new one for future login. Here, in this post, we will take you through the complete steps for Cox Password recovery. Through these steps, you will be able to create a new password for your Cox email account.
Precautions before you reset Cox Password
Before we move on and discuss the steps of Cox password recovery, you should have a look at the general precautions as given below.
- Make sure you are not doing any typing mistake while entering the current password. In case your Cox email password not working then it is quite possible that you are doing a typing mistake while entering your password.
- Ensure that the caps lock button is not pressed while you are entering the password. As the password is case sensitive, the caps lock button can also cause many problems for the users.
- Make sure you use a compatible browser and device for Cox Password recovery.
- Your device should be connected to a stable Internet connection while resetting the Cox webmail password.
How can I reset Cox Password?
The process to reset Cox email password is very simple in case you have options like password recovery phone number and email added to your account. In such cases, you can recover Cox Password by following the steps listed below:
- Go to the official website of Cox i.e. www.cox.com and click on the “Sign in my account” button.
- Scroll down and click on the “Forget Password?” button that will appear at the bottom of the sign-in window.
- Enter your Cox primary user ID in the “User ID” field and click on the “Find account” button.
- Now, you need to select the method by which you want to retrieve Cox password i.e. via Phone number or email ID.
- In case you want to get your Cox email account back using the secondary email ID then you should click on the “Send Email” button and follow the steps below.
- Click on the “Send Verification Email” button to receive the verification email on your secondary email ID.
- Log in to your secondary email ID and click on the verification link available in the email from Cox.
- As soon as you click on the verification link, you will be guided to create new password page.
- Here, you need to enter your new Cox email password and click on the “Finish Password Reset” button.
- To reset Cox email password via phone number you may either click on the “Text Me” or “Call Me” button and follow the steps given below:
- If you click on the “Text Me” button then you will get a six digit verification code via SMS.
- In case your click “Call Me” then the verification code will be communicated to you via a phone call.
- Enter the verification code that you will receive on a phone call or message.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password after entering the security code.
- Provide the new password two times and click on the “Finish Password Reset” button.
Cox password recovery without phone number or email ID
It is also possible to recover the Cox email account without using a recovery phone number or email ID. In order to do so, you have to answer the secret questions. The step by step procedure to do that is given below:
- Visit the Cox website and click on the “Sign in my account” link
- In the next step, you need to click on the “Forget Password” link that will appear at the bottom.
- Provide your primary Cox user ID in the “User ID” field and click on the “Find Account” button.
- Select the option to “Answer secret Question”.
- Enter the answer to your secret question in the “secret Answer” field and click on “Next”.
- After that, you will have to enter the new Cox password twice.
- Click on the “Finish Password Reset” link to conclude Cox Password recovery process.
Recommendations for a strong Cox email password.
Nowadays, hackers are trying new and innovative ways to breach the security of your Cox email account. That’s why it recommended that you should make your Cox password stronger. Here are some tips by which you can create a very strong password for your Cox email account.
- The length of your Cox password should be at least 15 to 24 characters.
- The password must include at least one special character or symbol such as [email protected]#$^% etc.
- Try to add both upper case and lower case letters in the password.
- Avoid common alphabetical or numerical series like ABDCDE, 123456 etc.
- Don’t use easy to guess information like your nick name, date of birth as your password.