Article About the Skype Crash Issue on Windows 10? Skype is used for communication especially professional and comes with many advanced features to provide smooth user experience. But sometimes, the Windows 10 users are seen facing different issues while working on their Skype. One of the most common problems is the crashing of Skype on your Windows 10. No matter how many times you try to open it, it keeps crashing down. However, there are certain ways in which the users can Fix Skype Crash Issue on Windows 10 that are discussed here in this article.
Easy ways to Fix Skype Crash Issue on Windows 10
- Update Skype
Make sure that you are using the latest version of Skype. To check this, go to Skype and sign-in to your account. Click on the Help & feedback button. You can see a message saying whether you are up-to-date or you need to download the latest version. Do as it appears on the screen.
- Reset Skype
Resetting your Skype can help you in fixing the crashing issue. Follow the steps given below to reset Skype.
- Go to Windows settings by clicking on Windows + I icon.
- Click on Apps & features and start searching for Skype.
- Click on Skype > Advanced options and then tap on the Reset button.
- Turn off antivirus
Antivirus program running in your system can sometime interfere with Skype causing it to crash. While using Skype, temporarily turn off your antivirus and see if the problem gets fixed now.
- Update Windows
Sometime issues with your operating system can also cause crashing of Skype on your device. The problem can be resolved by downloading the updates to your Windows. Although most of the time these updates are downloaded automatically, you may need to download them manually in case they don’t. Try opening Skype after updating Windows. This might fix Skype crash issue on Windows 10
- Reinstall Skype application
If you tried every method and none of them was able to fix the Skype crashing issue, the only thing left to do is reinstalling the application. The steps to do the same are provided below.
Uninstall Skype from your system
- Go to control panel of your device by clicking on Start > Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program.
- From the list of applications that appears search Skype.
- Right-click on Skype icon and then select “Uninstall’.
Reinstall Skype from on system
- Go to the official website www.skype.com and then to the Download section.
- Now select the device for which you want to install Skype.
- Click on the ‘Get Skype for your device’ icon to download the setup file.
- Run the setup file after download to begin the installation process.
- Follow the installation wizard to the end to successfully install Skype.