Google Chrome not working : As the reach and utility of the Internet are increasing, the worth of a good web browser is also on a rise. Google Chrome can easily make up for all the features and functions you want from an ideal web browser. Today, in the year 2021, no web browser can match up with Google Chrome as far as the popularity is concerned. However, it is also an irrefutable fact the even Google Chrome is not absolutely flawless. More often than not, we came across many users who complaints that Google Chrome not working .
To enjoy the endless benefits that the Internet has to offer nowadays, you should keep Chrome at its highest performance. Go through the article below to know the finest solutions to fix most of the general issues related to Google Chrome.
Common Problems and issues that relate to Google Chrome
Google Chrome incorporates a large number of issues ranging from a small inconvenience to a totally dysfunctional web browser. That’s why it is extremely difficult for us to list down all the problems that you may have to encounter while browsing your favorite websites using Chrome. Nonetheless, we have compiled a handful of Google Chrome problems that are very common among the users as given below:
- Google Chrome Tabs not responding
- Malware in Google Chrome
- Flash not working in Google Chrome
- Google Chrome not opening Today
- Chrome loading slowly
- Unable to close Google Chrome
- Chrome extensions not working
- Google Chrome crashing every now and then
- Not able to reset Google Chrome on windows
- Google chrome not working on Android
Why Google Chrome isn’t working?
As discussed earlier, there is a wide range of issues and problems that can occur in Google Chrome. Also, there is an array of possible malfunctioning that might be causing these issues in the chrome browser. Some primary factors responsible for multiple Google Chrome errors are as follows:
- Using an obsolete version of Chrome: To enhance the performance of chrome, Google keeps on updating it with better features. If you are using an older obsolete variant of Chrome then you might have to deal with various errors and issues.
- System Requirement of Google Chrome not fulfilled: It is true that Google is compatible with many platforms including windows, android, iOS etc. However, it has some requirement from the device as well. In case your device (no matter its windows, android, iOS or Mac) doesn’t fulfill these requirements you may have to face problems.
- Accumulation of Caches and cookies: Chrome store caches and cookies to improve your browsing experience. But, many a time, the accumulation of way too many cache and cookies can result in various errors as well.
- Problematic Add-ons: The primary function of add-ons and extensions in a browser is to enhance its performance. But, that’s not always the case. Every now and then, you may encounter a problematic add-on that can cause various annoyances in your overall experience of using Google Chrome.
- Conflict with another software program: It is also possible that you might be facing Google chrome malfunctioning due to a third-party software program that might not be compatible with Chrome. Most of the times, such issues occur due to antiviruses and system security related software.
- Missing Windows Update: For any software to run efficiently, your operating system must have all the latest updates. Problems such as Google chrome not working on windows 10 usually occurs on an operating system that is not updated for a while.
How to fix Google Chrome effectively?
Let’s move on to the most important part i.e. troubleshooting the problems with your Google Chrome web browser Today. Before we dive in to the steps to fix chrome you should note that all the measures given below are generic in nature. The exact solution depends upon the specific problem you are facing.
- Restart your device: Well, the first thing you should do before trying more complex troubleshooting measures in restarting your device. Many a time, most complicated problems in a web browser can be fixed by a simple restart.
- System requirements: Next, you should ensure that you are using the Google Chrome browser on a supported operating system. Chrome delivers its best performance when used on the following OS.
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- Mac: OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
- Linux: 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.3+, or Fedora Linux 24+
- Clear cache and cookies: Wipe out the caches and cookies from your Chrome browser by following the steps below.
- Launch Google chrome on your PC and click more (three vertical dots sign)
- Select “More tools” followed by “Clear Browsing”.
- Choose the time range to delete the data.
- Check the boxes against “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
- Finally, click on the “Clear Data” button.
- Remove unnecessary add-ons & extensions: You should disable all the add-ons and extensions installed on your browser to identify the add-on that is causing the problem. Once the problematic extension is identified you may enable rest of the extensions.
- Update Google Chrome: Make sure you are using an updated version of Google Chrome. For more convenience, you should enable the option to update Google Chrome automatically.
- Disable Antivirus program: In case Google Chrome Today still not working then you should run it again after disabling the antivirus and windows firewall.
- Reinstall Google Chrome: If chrome is not installed properly in your device then you may find yourself dealing with many issues. To get rid of them, you may uninstall Google Chrome and initiate a fresh installation.
- Update Windows: Using an updated operating system is also important to keep Google Chrome at its peak performance. In case Google Chrome stopped working all of a sudden after working fine previously then you should check the windows update. Ensure that all the updates are installed on your Windows PC.
If the solutions we have discussed in this post don’t help you resolve the issues then you need advices for your particular Chrome problem. For that, you may get in touch with the Google Chrome support.