Google Home Not Working 2020: Google Home is a speaker device by Google that is widely appreciated for its excellent sound quality and easy-to-connect feature. It can be easily connected to your mobile device or tablet to play music, make calls, and control your home as well. However, there are certain times when the users are seen complaining about not working of Google Home and consequently not being able to play music. To help such users this article presents certain easy solutions for the Google Home not working issue.
Troubleshooting Steps for Google Home Not Working 2020
Some basic troubleshooting measures that can help users in fixing the Google Home not working issue with ease are discussed below.
- Perform Google Home reboot
Before you proceed with any drastic measures to fix this issue, simply try rebooting your Google Home. Follow the steps given below for the same.
From the Google Home app
- First of all, make sure that your phone and your Google Home device is connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Now open the Google Home app and tap the device you want to reboot.
- In the top-right corner of the device card, click on the Settings.
- Again in the top-right corner of the device settings, tap the ‘More’ button and select Reboot.
Unplug Google Home
- Unplug the power cord from your Google Home device and leave it as it is for around 1 minute.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Make sure that the music account is linked with Google Home
Some music accounts like those on Spotify do not play on Google Home unless they are linked to it. Link those accounts with your Google Home device to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the device volume is not turned down
It is possible that the volume of your device is very low giving an impression that Google Home is not working. Simply ask Google Home to raise the volume and if the problem is not there anymore.
- Check if the music is playing on any other device simultaneously
Sometimes, if the music is playing on any other device, it might not play on Google Home at the same time. So, disconnect the other device that has been playing the music and then connect your phone with Google Home.
- Reset Google Home
If nothing else works, you can always reset Google Home. The steps for the same are given below.
- Below the power plug, you will find an FDR button in the form of a round circle.
- Press the button down for about 12-15 seconds to reset the Google Home.
- Your device resets automatically and is now ready to use. Visit to Know More Google Home Support Number