“If Malwarebytes not responding or not loading, then please uninstall Malwarebytes software that can be used to detect & remove malware on the computer. … software, If you are facing any issue with Malwarebytes. steps to for How to Uninstall Malwarebytes Premium? “
How Can I Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti Malware completely? : It is completely true that the virtual world of the internet is full of online security threats that are catastrophic for a computer system. But, the latest Windows 10 equipped with windows defender can safeguard your PC against such threats. That’s why many users are now uninstalling antimalware software program like Malwarebytes. It is very easy to uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Control Panel. However, do you know just uninstalling Malwarebytes from the control panel do not remove it completely?
Even after uninstall, the residual files of Malwarebytes remains intact in the computer’s memory. Although these files are not much harmful, you may want to get rid of them to save storage space. Go through this post to know the procedure to Uninstall Malwarebytes Ant-Malware completely.
How to remove Malwarebytes from a Windows Computer?
Malwarebytes is an amazing application to protect your Windows PC from online security threats. However, if you have decided to get rid of Malwarebytes then you can do this by following the steps below.
- You may initiate the Malwarebytes uninstall by clicking on the start (windows logo) button available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then, open setting by clicking the gear icon from the lower hand side of the start menu.
- On the next page, you should select the “Apps” option. This option will appear along with some horizontal lines within the settings Window.
- Next, select the “Apps & Settings” tab from the application menu.
- Now, a list of all the applications installed on your windows computer will appear on the screen. You have to scroll down and choose “Malwarebytes Anti-malware”.
Note: Generally, the applications are listed in the alphabetical order. The Malwarebytes Anti-malware icon resembles the letter M. You can identify the app using this icon quite easily.
- Select the “Uninstall” button that will appear in the lower right-hand side as soon as you click on the “Malwarebytes” icon.
- For the confirmation, you may have to click on the “Uninstall” button one more time.
- Give program the permission to make changes to your computer by tapping on yes (When prompted)
- Click “Yes” for one more time to start the Malwarebytes uninstalling.
- Next, you will the prompt to restart your computer when the uninstall gets over.
The general process of uninstalling Malwarebytes is over after step 10. However, you should know that the Malwarebytes is still not completely removed from your PC. To wipe out the Malwarebytes from your computer to the core you may follow the steps below.
- Tap the “start” button again and type “This PC”. Click the “This PC” button that will appear on the top of the start window.
- Enable the option to show hidden files and folder. Check the steps below if you don’t know how to do this.
- Open the “view” tab from the top.
- Check the box against “Hidden items” available in the “Show/ hide” section.
- Go to the search bar available at the upper right-hand side of the window.
- Type “Malwarebytes” into the search bar and press enter.
- Choose all the files having “Malwarebytes” in their title and delete all of them.
- Go to the recycle bin and empty it.
- Finally, restart your PC to save the changes.
Get rid of Malwarebytes completely from Mac devices
Similarly to the Windows PC, you can remove Malwarebytes anti-malware software from Mac devices as well. You need to follow the step illustrated below in order to do so.
- Select the “Go” option from the menu that will appear at the top of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you should choose “Applications”.
- As soon as you choose the options mentioned above, a new “Applications” window will open.
- Choose “Malwarebytes” app from the list of all the applications.
- After opening Malwarebytes, tap on the “Help” button from the top of the screen.
- Select “Uninstall Malwarebytes” from the help drop down menu.
- After that, the system will prompt you with the following message “Are you sure you wish to proceed?” Here, you just have to give your nod by clicking “yes”.
- As soon as you give your approval, the system will launch Malwarebytes uninstalling.
- Provide your Mac Administrator account password in the appropriate field (It is necessary to remove a program).
- Now, your Mac device will remove the Malwarebytes anti-malware.
Up to this point, the Malwarebytes is no longer installed on your Mac computer. However, all its components are not permanently removed. To eliminate them you should check the following steps.
- Click on the “Go” button and select “Go to the folder” from the drop-down menu.
- Type “~/Library” in the Go to the folder field and press enter. This will open the hidden Library folder of your Mac device.
- Search Malwarebytes in the search bar that should be available at the upper right corner.
- Now, click on the “Library” tab accessible at the top of the library folder.
- Click “Edit” after selecting all the files having “Malwarebytes” in their titles.
- Finally, select “move to trash” to delete all the files.
- To wind up the process, you may the empty trash folder and restart your Mac device to save changes.
Now, Malwarebytes is completely removed from your Mac computer.
Other Helpful Tips and Tricks
- On windows 10, the windows defender is more than capable to defend your computer against viruses and malware. So, it is not at all necessary to keep Malwarebytes in your PC.
- If you are still unable to uninstall Malwarebytes then you may opt for numerous uninstall tools available online. These tools will help you eliminate Malwarebytes residual files.
- In some rare cases, you may find it difficult to remove Malwarebytes from your computer/ laptop even after following the above steps. In this kind of situation, you may contact Malwarebytes customer service and seek assistance.