How to Update Google Account Password?: Do you know all of your Google services have the same password? Well, it is true. No matter you check your email on Gmail or sign-in to your account on Youtube, the password that you have to use will remain the same. That’s why you need to update Google Account password regularly to keep it safe. There are multiple ways available by which you change Google Account password. If you are new to Google and finding it difficult to change its password then this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss the step by step method to update password of a Google account conveniently.
How to Update Google Account Password?
Before we skim through the steps you should note that you can Update Google password only if you are able to sign-in properly. In case you can’t log in to Google then you have to reset Google password which is a different process. So, if you are signed-in then go through the steps below to update Google password in the most convenient manner.
- First of all, you have to visit Google my account page through the official link i.e. https://myaccount.google.com.
- Then, open the “sign-in & security” section.
- After that, you have to click on the “Signing to Google” option that is available under “Sign-in and security” section.
- Next, you need to tap “Password” under “Password & sign-in method” option.
Note: Here, if you have 2-step verification enabled then you need to enter Google verification code to continue.
- Provide your current Google password on the next page and click “Next”.
- Enter a new Google account by keeping the following things in your mind.
- Length of your password should be at least 8 characters.
- Do not use a password that is too obvious like your nickname etc.
- Restrict yourself from using the same password for multiple accounts.
- Confirm the new password by entering it for one more time and click “Change password” from the bottom.
- That’s it! your Google password is successfully changed.
What is the best way to update Google password on Gmail App?
You can also change Google account password on mobile through Gmail App as well. Here are the steps that you should follow in order to do so.
- To start the proceeding, you need to launch the Gmail app from your android device.
- Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal bar icon) available at the top left corner.
- Scroll down the menu and tap on “Settings”.
- On the next screen, you should tap your profile and go to “My Account” section.
- After that, you need to tap “Sign-in & security” followed by “password”.
- Then, select the “Change Password” option. Also, enter the verification code that Google will send you if you have two-step verification enabled.
- Enter your current Google password again.
- Next, you need to enter a new strong password for your Google account.
- Confirm the new password by entering it in the prescribed space for one more time.
- Finally, tap on the “Change Password” button to wrap up the process of modifying Google password.
Tips and Tricks to Keep your Google Account Safe
If you are changing the password because your account was hacked previously then should check out the tips and tricks below to keep your Google account safe.
- Check the devices in which your account is currently logged in. Remember, you always have the option to sign out of all these devices remotely.
- Create your Google password in such a way that you can remember it easily but a hacker finds it difficult to track it down.
- Make sure you involve at least one uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number and symbol in your password.
- If you are not good at remembering the password then you can also use a trusted password manager.
- Never send your password to anyone by emails.
- Confirm the following things before entering your password on any website.
- Make sure the URL of website is correct. Beware of websites using similar URLs.
- The website must use a secure https connection.
- Identity of website is verified using its certificate.