Malwarebytes is not working on Windows 10: Windows 10 OS is much more secure than all the previous versions of MS Windows. It comes with a pre-installed Windows defender to safeguard it against harmful viruses and malware. Unfortunately, it is true that sometimes Windows defender fails to detect many viruses and malware. That’s why it is a smart idea to install an antimalware program like Malwarebytes on your computer. It is fully compatible with most of the versions of Windows. However, the problems like “Malwarebytes is not working on Windows 10 computers” are also reported every now and then.
In this post, we are going to present the exact reasons why software Malwarebytes won’t open or work properly on your Windows 10 PC. Additionally, we will take you through the step by step solutions to fix Malwarebytes in an effective manner.
What are the major Malwarebytes issues in Windows 10?
Malwarebytes is designed in such a way that it works smoothly with most of the versions of Windows. But still, there are many problems that may occur and stop Malwarebytes from working smoothly on Windows 10 PC/ Laptop. Some of these Malwarebytes issues are as follows:
- Malwarebytes not responding after Windows 10 update
- Unable to install Malwarebytes on a Windows 10 PC
- Malwarebytes not opening or starting properly.
- Malwarebytes software program slowing down the Windows 10 PC
- Not able to uninstall Malwarebytes from a Windows 10 computer/ laptop
- x0000279 error stopping Malwarebytes from loading smoothly.
- Malwarebytes not detecting viruses and malware.
Apart from these, there are many more issues that can interrupt the proper workflow of Malwarebytes in Windows 10. You should note that both free and premium versions of Malwarebytes can be problematic on a PC or Laptop.
Why Malwarebytes isn’t working on Windows 10?
Nowadays, the risk of viruses and malware on the internet is more than ever before. So, to ensure that your data remain safe, you should always keep Malwarebytes at its peak performance. Windows 10 users can check some of the primary factors responsible for problems in a Malwarebytes software program as given below.
- Using an obsolete version of Malwarebytes: Windows 10 is the latest variant of MS Windows operating systems. To use it smoothly with Malwarebytes you must use the latest version of the antimalware program. Otherwise, you may find yourself dealing with Malwarebytes not working and similar problems.
- Missing Windows 10 updates: MS Windows install updates from its server for smooth functioning. In case these updates aren’t installed on your Windows 10 PC then Malwarebytes may not work or load properly.
- Any other software program causing problems: In case Malwarebytes not responding or stopped working then it is quite possible that this is happening due to a software conflict with other security application. Generally, such a situation arrives when users install two antiviruses in a single computer.
- An issue with your Internet connection: For its fluent operations, Malwarebytes needs a good internet connection. In case there is an interruption in your broadband or wifi internet connection then Malwarebytes may not work properly.
- Faulty installation of Malwarebytes: If the Malwarebytes is not installed in a proper manner. Then, it is quite possible that you may have to face a problem at the time of using it.
- Missing Malwarebytes updates: If your Malwarebytes is not scanning viruses then this may happen due to missing virus updates in the software.
- PC not fulfilling the system requirement: Like any other software program, Malwarebytes also has its system requirements that a computer must fulfill in order to run it effectively. These system requirements include Processor speed, RAM, Free space in the hard disk etc.
How to fix Malwarebytes on a Windows 10 computer?
In order to fix Malwarebytes, you need to resolve the root factors that are causing the issues primarily. Let’s go through the exact step by step solutions that you should follow in order to fix Malwarebytes antivirus on Windows 10 PC.
- First of all, make sure your Windows 10 PC/laptop is fulfilling all the system requirements of Malwarebytes.
- Processor: At least 800 Mhz
- RAM: 2 GB (64 bit OS), 1 GB (32 bit OS)
- Minimum Disk Space: at least 20 MB
- Internet Connection: Active internet connection with a fairly good speed.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if your Internet is not working smoothly.
- Update Your Malwarebytes software program if an update is available. Some viruses are created in a way that they can stop Malwarebytes from detecting them. However, if Malwarebytes have all the updates installed then it will surely be able to detect all type of viruses.
- Make sure you don’t have any software installed on your PC that can stop Malwarebytes from working in a proper manner. Generally, this kind of issue happens when users have multiple antiviruses in their PC. So, you should remove one of the antiviruses so that the other program can run perfectly.
- If the Malwarebytes program is still not opening or running in Windows 10 then you should reinstall it. In order to reinstall, you first have to uninstall Malwarebytes using the control panel and then install a fresh copy online. Don’t forget to restart your computer/ PC after uninstalling and installing Malwarebytes.
- You may also try to run Malwarebytes in safe mode if the problem continues for a prolonged period of time.
- You also need to ensure that your computer has all the available Windows updates installed properly. For more convenience, you should enable the option of automatic Windows 10 updates.
Contact Malwarebytes Customer service for more solutions
The Malwarebytes program should work smoothly on your computer with Windows 10 after following the above solutions. However, we must not forget that Malwarebytes is a highly technical program that involves many more technical problems that are not mentioned in this post. If your Malwarebytes is still not working on Windows 10 then you should seek help from the experts of Malwarebytes customer support.