Malwarebytes windows 10 won’t launch: Today, when the internet is full of malicious programs designed to steal the user’s data and cause other nuisance it is recommended to have an Antimalware software program installed on your PC. Malwarebytes is an awesome application that is very effective against most of the malware. Malwarebytes is very popular because it is readily compatible with most of the versions of Windows. Although the software is fully compatible, sometimes it shows various types of problems while used on Windows 10. One such common problem is Malwarebytes won’t launch on Windows 10.
It is obvious that your PC will be at constant risk of malware attacks if your Malwarebytes Windows 10 won’t launch properly. Go through this post, to know why your Malwarebytes software not opening and what should you do in order to fix it.
Why my Malwarebytes won’t launch on Windows 10?
During this problem, a Windows 10 PC fails to run/ open the Malwarebytes which leaves your computer vulnerable to a malware attack. This can happen due to multiple reasons. Some of them are as follows:
- PC/ Computer not fulfilling the Malwarebytes system requirements: Like any other antivirus or antimalware software program, Malwarebytes also need some specification to be fulfilled by a PC. In case your computer/ laptop doesn’t fulfill these requirements then Malwarebytes won’t run in your Windows 10 PC
- Incomplete or improper installation: The fresco installation is also a common factor that results in Malwarebytes not working/ opening problems. That’s why it is always recommended that you should install the Malwarebytes very carefully.
- PC Infected with a virus: Many viruses and malware are so sophisticated that they are able to stop antimalware applications. In case your PC is infected by such viruses then you may face problems in opening Malwarebytes.
- Other software installed stop Malwarebytes from the opening: If you have any other antivirus program installed on your PC along with Malwarebytes then you will surely face many problems. These problems include Malwarebytes not opening on windows 10, stopped running, not responding, etc.
- Missing Windows 10 updates: The updates of Windows 10 are extremely important in order to run the installed applications properly. It is very much possible that your Malwarebytes isn’t opening on windows 10 due to some missing MS Windows updates.
How to fix the “Malwarebytes not opening” problem on a Windows 10 PC?
Undoubtedly, not opening of a vital software program like Malwarebytes can be very frustrating. However, there are many solutions that you can try in order to get rid of “Malwarebytes isn’t opening on Windows 10 PC” problem. Some of these solutions are explained below:
Solution 1: Check and fulfill the system requirement if necessary
- As discussed above in this post, your computer should fulfill some specifications in order to run Malwarebytes.
- These specification to run Malwarebytes are as follows;
- 800 Mhz or faster CPU with SSE2 technology
- 2 GB RAM for 64 bit Operating System, 1 GB RAM for 32 bit operating system
- At least 250 MB free space in the hard disk.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution.
- An active internet connection.
Solution 2: Run Malwarebytes in safe mode
- If your PC fulfills all the system requirements of Malwarebytes and still causing problems then you should run it in the safe mode.
- While running your PC on the safe mode you can also launch Malwarebytes as an administrator. Right-click the Malwarebytes icon in order to launch the program in the safe mode.
- In case Malwarebytes not even working in safe mode then you should move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Remove another antivirus (if any)
- In case you have any other antimalware application then Malwarebytes installed on your PC then you should remove it.
- Run Malwarebytes again after removing the other software and see if this resolves the issue.
Solution 4: Reinstall Malwarebytes
- Still, if the Malwarebytes windows 10 won’t launch then you should reinstall it.
- In order to reinstall, you first have to uninstall Malwarebytes.
- Once the software is uninstalled, you may start the fresh installation through the official website.
Solution 5: Check windows 10 updates
- After reinstalling, the Malwarebytes should launch properly. However, if the issue persists, then it is a clear indication that there is some problem with your operating system.
- Check whether any Windows 10 update is available for installation. If it is available then you should install it immediately.
Solution 6: Fresh installation of the Operating system.
- Finally, the last thing you can do in case of Malwarebytes still not opening on Windows 10 is reinstalling the operating system itself.
- After installing the fresh copy of Windows 10 you should reinstall Malwarebytes again.
Other Helpful information and tips
- The Windows 10 OS is equipped with Windows defender so you should note that your PC is not complete unprotected in case you don’t have Malwarebytes.
- Malwarebytes should open smoothly once you are done with following all the above steps. However, in case you still have some doubts or queries then you should contact Malwarebytes support team and seek assistance.