Mozilla Firefox Not Working 2021: Mozilla Firefox is certainly one of the few names that come to our mind when we talk about web browsers. It is one of the most popular internet browsers in the world today that includes many fabulous features and functions. In addition to this, using Firefox is very easy because it has a very clean user interface. Even all these benefits do not make Mozilla Firefox absolutely perfect. Problems like Mozilla Firefox not working Today, loading slowly, etc. can cause a lot of inconvenience for the users. Skim through this article to know what the reasons behind various Mozilla Firefox issues are and what you should do in order to fix them.
What are the common Mozilla Firefox Problems and Issues?
It is true that all the web browsers are being consistently updated for enhanced performance. However, it is also a fact that none of the browsers available is completely free for errors and issues. Some of the common issues associated with Mozilla Firefox are as follows:
- Firefox not responding Today
- Mozilla Firefox slows down computer
- Firefox hangs script not working Today
- Mozilla Firefox plugins not working
- Failing to install extensions on Firefox
- Unable to open a certain website in Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla Firefox not opening on windows 10
- Firefox compatibility issues on Mac devices
- Not able to install Firefox update
- Firefox Keeps freezing
- Mozilla Firefox not uninstalling completely
All of these problems can cause a lot of nuisance for you. That’s why you should get rid of them as early as possible.
Mozilla Firefox system requirements
Devices not fulfilling the system requirements is one of the most common reasons behind the Firefox malfunctioning. So, you should make sure that this is not the case with you. Here are the system requirements of Mozilla Firefox on various platforms.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8 and 10 (both 32-bit and 64-bit
- Processor: Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- RAM: 512 MB for 32-bit OS and 2 GB for 64-bit OS
- Available Hard disk space: 200 MB at least.
- Operating system: macOS 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13
- Processor: Mac computer with an Intel x86 processor
- RAM: At least 512 MB of RAM
- Hard disk space availability: 200 MB of free hard disk space
Firefox for Android 62.0
- Android Version: Android 4.1 or later
- Internal Storage: at least 50 MB
- RAM: 384 MB minimum
- Screen Display size: at least 320 x 240 pixels
Solutions to fix Mozilla Firefox with ease
The exact solution can be provided only after knowing the precise problem. Nonetheless, you can try the generic solutions listed below and try to fix your Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart Mozilla Firefox and computer: You may initiate the troubleshooting by restarting the Mozilla Firefox and your computer. Check out the following steps to restart Firefox easily.
- Click on the “File” option available at the top bar.
- Scroll down and select “Quit Firefox” from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you should ensure that you never cut the windows by clicking the close button from the top-right corner.
- Clear Firefox Cache: Accumulation of cache and cookies might be the reason for the problems like Mozilla Firefox isn’t working. Here are the steps for clearing Firefox’s cookies and cache.
- First of all, open “tools” menu and choose “Clear Private data”.
- Select “Cache” and “Cookies” checkboxes and click the “Clear Private Data Now” button.
- Run Mozilla Firefox in safe mode: Safe mode makes Firefox run with add-ons and extensions disabled. If your Mozilla Firefox browser is not working due to a problematic extension then you should run it in safe mode.
- Firstly, you should close the firefox by clicking “File” and then “Exit”.
- Click windows “Start” button, go to the list of all programs and open the “Mozilla Firefox” folder.
- Choose “Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)” and click “Continue in safe mode” for confirmation.
- Reset Mozilla Firefox settings: In case problems are occurring even in safe mode then you should reset Mozilla Firefox to its default settings.
- Disable each of the plugins: Safe mode disables the add-ons but plugins continue to work as usual. Even the trusted plugins like Adobe reader, RealPlayer, Java, etc. can be problematic at times. So, you should disable them one by one and start Mozilla Firefox. This will help you identify the plugin that is actually causing the issues.
- Create a New Mozilla firefox problem: If the Mozilla Firefox still not working then it seems like your profile is corrupt. In such a case you should create a new profile for yourself by following the steps below.
- Open “Run” Window by pressing “Windows + R” from your keyboard.
- Type “firefox.exe -p” and press enter.
- Click on the “Create Profile” button from the profile manager window.
- Choose the profile you have just created and click “Start Firefox”.
- Reinstall Firefox: Finally, if nothing helps you fix your Firefox web browser then you need to uninstall and reinstall it once again.
Mozilla Firefox not working on Android
Just like Windows, Firefox is also available for Android users as well. However, if you are dealing with some issues in using Mozilla Firefox on android then you should check out the instructions below.
- Update the firefox app if an update is available.
- Check the system requirements of Mozilla Firefox android app and make sure your device is fulfilling them.
- Ensure that your android device is not running out of storage space.
- Disable/ uninstall all such apps that might not be compatible with firefox.
- If Mozilla Firefox still not opening or working then you need to reinstall the app.
- For reinstalling, you first need to uninstall the Mozilla Firefox. Make sure your download and install Mozilla Firefox for android app from Google play store only.
You can also try the above steps if Mozilla Firefox not working on iOS 2021. However, you should remember that you need to download the Firefox app for iPhone/ IPad from the app store.