PC Matic Not Open after downloading: These days, when almost every service is available online, it becomes really important for us to keep our device safe from online security threats. These online threats include viruses, malware, spyware, Trojan horses, etc. Installing PC Matic in your PC is an effective way by which you can safeguard it against various online security challenges. However, installing PC Matic can also be immensely problematic at times.
It is not rare to see users complaining that their PC Matic isn’t opening after downloading. Unfortunately, there is no single cause which we can point out that is responsible for such an issue. Actually, you may find it difficult to open PC Matic after downloading it due to a variety of reasons. We will discuss all of them and help you use PC Matic flawlessly through this article.
Why is PC Matic not opening after download?
Predicting the exact cause depends upon the actual error message you are encountering. Still, we have listed some of the most common causes as given below:
- Device not fulfilling the system requirement of PC Matic: Like any other software program, PC Matic also has its system requirements. If you are trying to install PC Matic on a computer that doesn’t accomplish these requirements then it might not open properly.
- Accumulation of too many caches and cookies: In case the browser of your device is flooded with a large number of cookies and caches then you may have to deal with similar problems.
- Background Application or firewall blocking PC Matic from opening: Many a time, background applications and windows firewall can also conflict with PC Matic. In such cases, you may not be able to open PC Matic.
- Add-ons and Extension of the web browser causing problems: Similarly to the background application, the add-ons and extension installed on your browser can also cause a problem with PC Matic.
Whatever is the reason, if you are unable to install PC Matic, then your computer/ laptop might be at risk of getting a malware infection.
How to troubleshoot PC Matic not opening issue?
To get rid of such kind of issues you need to eliminate the factors that are causing the problem. Let’s go through the step by step process that you should follow in case you are not able to open PC Matic.
- First of all, make sure you have downloaded the correct PC Matic Setup file from the official website of the PC Pitstop.
- Check the PC Matic system requirement and ensure that your device is fulfilling each one of them. The system requirement of PC Matic is also given below in this post.
- Clear the cache of your browser in case the problem continues. The Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 users can clear the cache by the steps below:
- Click the “start” button and open “Control panel”.
- Open “Network and Internet” and choose “Internet Option”.
- Next, you need to click “Browsing History” followed by “Delete”. This will remove cache from the Internet Explorer browser.
- Remove all such extensions and add-ons from your browser that can interfere with the opening of PC Matic.
- Similarly, you should also remove all such software program from your PC/ laptop that can conflict with the proper PC Matic workflow.
- In the next step, you need to reset the browser if the problem continues. Please note that procedure to reset browser varies for different web browsers.
- Disable the windows firewall and antivirus program installed on your computer and try to open PC Matic again.
- In case the problem is still occurring then you should reboot your computer and try again.
- Run your computer/ laptop in safe mode with networking and run PC Matic again. The process to run a computer in “safe mode with networking” depends upon the operating system you are using. Also, if you are using a wireless connection then you might need to connect an Ethernet cable in order to access the internet while running PC in “safe mode with networking”.
- Create a new user account in your PC having administrative permission. Try to run the downloaded PC Matic file using this user account.
PC Matic System requirement
As we have discussed earlier in this post, fulfilling the system requirement is extremely important to open PC Matic in a hassle-free manner. Here are the exact system requirements of PC Matic.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. PC Matic is also available for Android devices.
- Processor: at least 1 Gigahertz or more
- RAM: A minimum of 512 MB or more
- Hard disk Space: Must have at least 1 GB or more free space in the hard drive.
- Video resolution: 15 inch monitor, super VGA Card, a minimum 800 x 600 resolution
- Internet connection: A high-speed broadband connection is highly recommended.
- Supported Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
After going through this tutorial, we hope that you are able to open PC Matic after downloading it. However, in some rare cases, the issue may continue for a prolonged period of time. In such a scenario we recommend you to seek assistance through PC Matic Customer service.