In this article, you will know how to resolve PC Matic not working problems easily. PC Matic is the one-stop solution for all your PC-related problems and is a must-have for your system. Many kinds of issues related to your device can be fixed by running a PC Matic scan.
PC Matic removes junk files, and accumulated unnecessary data, stops malicious ads and pop-ups, and keeps your system safe from cyber threats. But what happens if PC Matic suddenly stops responding leaving your system prone to threats?
There are some easy methods for fixing the PC Matic not working problem that the users can try on their own. This article familiarizes the users with these methods so that they can fix the problem and protect their PC safe from any external or internal threats.
Why are you facing PC Matic not working issue?
Certain possible reasons why the PC Matic installed in your system is not working smoothly are given below.
- PC Matic is not compatible with your system
- Interference due to third-party applications
- You are using an older version of PC Matic.
- Your system does not have the latest Window updates
- More than one antivirus program is installed in your system
- Virus infection in your system
How to Fix PC Matic not working in Easy Steps
Some basic solutions to fix the PC Matic not working issue are discussed below. The users can easily try these methods and fix this problem on their own end.
1. Check compatibility with your system
If you are using PC Matic for the first time in your system, you need to make sure that it is compatible with it. The following requirements must be fulfilled by your system for PC Matic to work properly:
- Computer Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Smartphone Operating System: Android 4.0.3 and up
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- Memory: 1024 MB or more
- Hard Disk: 1 GB or more of free space
2. Check for conflict between applications
Certain programs installed in your system can create interference with the working of PC Matic. In this case, you need to find and temporarily disable such program(s) for the time you are running the system scan using PC Matic.
3. Install important Window updates
All the latest patches and fixes from Microsoft are provided in its latest Windows updates which can fix many issues in your system. To prevent the not working issue of the PC Matic software, it is recommended that users install all the important Windows updates in their system.
4. Do not scan using multiple antivirus programs
While using PC Matic, if you are also running another antivirus program, issues may occur. If this happens, you need to stop the other antivirus program you are using for the system scan. You can resume the scan once you are done with PC Matic. Alternatively, you can also wait for the scan to be completed after which you can run a PC Matic scan.
It is advised not to install more than one antivirus program in your system as it can make your system extremely slow. So, if you have PC Matic installed on your computer, you may consider uninstalling the other one.
5. Use PC Matic in safe mode
If you are not able to run PC Matic in your system in normal mode, it can be due to the presence of a very strong virus threat.
To solve this problem, you need to start your system in safe mode and then run a PC Matic scan. Once the scan is complete and in safe mode, you can now re-open your system in normal mode and work with PC Matic.
6. Run PC Matic in compatibility mode
You can try running PC Matic in compatibility mode to fix the not working problem. Steps for the same are given below:
- Download a new PC Matic setup file.
- Right-click on the PC Matic driver setup files and click on ‘properties’.
- Go to the ‘compatibility’ tab and click on the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode box and select the OS you are using from the drop-down menu.
- Once the PC Matic is in compatibility mode, run a system scan.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be able to use PC Matic in normal mode.
7. Update PC Matic
Make sure that you are using the latest version of PC Matic. If not so, you need to download and install the latest version of PC Matic software. You can find the latest updates on the manufacturer’s website.
However, chances of happening this are quite rare as PC Matic updates itself every time you open it. However, if due to any reason like slow internet, it is not able to update itself automatically, you can perform a manual update.
8. Uninstall and Reinstall PC Matic
In the case that no other method works, you can reinstall PC Matic on your device. However, it is suggested that you try this, only if all the other methods fail. You can simply uninstall PC Matic.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs
- And right-click on PC Matic
- Now click on Uninstall tab.
- Once the program is removed from your system, then download PC Matic Setup file.
- And then go to the Downloads folder in your system
- double-click the PC Matic installer
- And follow the prompts to install PC Matic in your system.
Why is PC Matic not Open after Downloading?
Predicting the exact reason relies on the actual error message you are facing. Yet, we have listed some of the most familiar reasons as shown below:
- Device not fulfilling the system requirement of PC Matic: Like any other software program, PC Matic has also its system requirements. If you are trying to install PC Matic on a computer that doesn’t complete these requirements then it might not open correctly.
- Accumulation of too many caches and cookies: In case the browser of your device is flooded with a large number of cookies and caches then you may have to face similar difficulties.
- Background Application or firewall blocking PC Matic from the opening: Most of the time, background applications and windows firewalls can even conflict with PC Matic. In such cases, you may not be capable to open PC Matic.
- Add-ons and Extensions of the web browser causing problems: Similarly to the background application, the add-ons and extensions installed on your browser can also generate the same problem with PC Matic.
Whatever the reason, if you are not able to install PC Matic, then your computer/ laptop might be in danger of bringing a malware infection.
PC Matic System requirement
As we have discussed before in this post, fulfilling the system requirement is most important to open PC Matic in a hassle-free manner. Here are the exact match system requirements of PC Matic.
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, and 10. PC Matic is also available for Android devices.
- Processor: A minimum of 1 Gigahertz or more
- RAM: At least 512 MB or more
- Hard disk Space: Must have at least 1 GB or more free space in the hard drive.
- Video resolution: A minimum 800 x 600 resolution, 15-inch monitor, super VGA Card.
- Internet connection: A high-speed broadband connection is highly recommended.
- Supported Languages: English, Italian, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
How to troubleshoot PC Matic won’t open issue?
To get rid of such kinds of problems you must destroy the factors that are generating the issue. Let’s go through the step-by-step procedure that you should follow in case you are unable to open PC Matic.
- First of all, make sure you have downloaded the correct PC Matic Setup file from the official website of the PC Pitstop.
- Check the PC Matic system requirement and ensure that your device is fulfilling each one of them. The system requirement of PC Matic is also given below in this post.
- Clear the cache of your browser in case the problem continues. The Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 users can clear the cache by the steps below:
- Click the “start” button and open the “Control panel”.
- Open “Network and Internet” and choose “Internet Option”.
- Next, you need to click “Browsing History” followed by “Delete”. This will remove the cache from the Internet Explorer browser.
- Remove all such extensions and add-ons from your browser that can interfere with the opening of PC Matic.
- Similarly, you should also remove all such software programs from your PC/ laptop that can conflict with the proper PC Matic workflow.
- In the next step, you need to reset the browser if the problem continues. Please note that the procedure to reset the browser varies for different web browsers.
- Disable the windows firewall and antivirus program installed on your computer and try to open PC Matic again.
- In case the problem is still occurring then you should reboot your computer and try again.
- Run your computer/ laptop in safe mode with networking and run PC Matic again. The process to run a computer in “safe mode with networking” depends upon the operating system you are using.
- Also, if you are using a wireless connection, you might need to connect an Ethernet cable to access the internet while running a PC in “safe mode with networking”.
- Create a new user account on your PC having administrative permission. Try to run the downloaded PC Matic file using this user account.
PC Matic not working on Android Phones
PC Matic not working on Android phones is one of the most common problems in the android operating system. Generally, after opening an app, you see a black screen for a few seconds and then the app will crash with or without an error notification. There are a few ways to fix this problem.
1. The majority of the time, it might be a temporary loading issue.
- You just need to press the recent applications menu (generally the first left button) on your phone.
- Then close the app that has this issue. And then open the app again, it may work normally.
2. Try a hard reboot on your Android mobile.
- Press and hold down the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time for up to 10 seconds.
- Then, release the buttons and hold down the “Power” button until the screen turns on.
- Now you can try opening the app.
3. If none of the above is working:
- You can wait till your phone battery drains and it turns off automatically.
- After that put it to charge, and press the power button. It may work after this.
4. Finally, if you can’t fix it with anything:
- You may need to uninstall the app and re-install it.
- Android usually restores all settings after you re-install and log into the app.
5. Even in some rare cases, the re-install step also doesn’t work.
- If that is your case, try installing older versions of the app. Good luck!
How to Fix PC Matic app installation issues.
- Check your wifi/internet connection for connectivity.
- Please check your mobile storage space. If your device’s disk has not had enough space, the app can’t be installed.
- Verify that the app you’re trying to install supports your android version.
Fix: PC Matic app not updating properly in Your Device
- First of all, check your wifi / mobile data connection and verify that it is working properly. It may be down and stopping you to update the PC Matic app.
- Verify that you have sufficient storage space in your phone to download updates. If you do have not enough storage space on your device, it can be blocking the app updates.
Fix: Audio/video loading Trouble with PC Matic
- Make sure your phone volume if you have audio problems. Make an effort to use headphones to find out whether it is an issue with your speakers or with the app.
- If you have a video loading problem, please confirm your internet speed and wifi connectivity are proper or not.
Fix: PC Matic notification not working properly Issue
- Go to your Apps->PC Matic->Notifications
- And check whether notifications are enabled or not. If it is disabled, you need to enable it.
- Also if you don’t get notification alert sounds, re-verify that you don’t accidentally mute the app notification sounds.
We hope, your PC Matic problems are resolved. If PC Matic issues persist still, you need to contact from PC Matic help center.
PC Matic Customer Service
Here we mentioned some official PC Matic contact resources that can be used to get help from the official PC Matic team.
Official Contact Resource for PC Matic Help
|2||User guide for PC Matic|
FAQs related to PC Matic
You might like: