How to Recover an Archived Email in Gmail?: To help its Gmail users check the deleted messages, Google provides them opportunities to save emails in archive. Whenever you archive an email it gets removed from the inbox but it doesn’t get deleted straightaway. It still remains stored in your Gmail account. However, for checking the archived email, you have to know the method of finding it out. Once located, you can recover an archived email in Gmail quite easily. The label that allows users to find their archived email is “All mail”. Go through this article till the end to know what you should do to recover an archived email in Gmail.
How can I recover an archived Gmail Message in a browser?
If you are using Gmail on a compatible browser then you may follow the steps below to get back the archived emails.
- First of all, sign in to your Gmail account and hover your cursor over the navigation icon available under the navigation panel.
- Go to the bottom of the navigation panel and select “More” to open some additional options.
- Then, from the left navigation panel, you should choose “All mail”.
- Check the boxes available next to emails that you want to be returned into the inbox.
- Go to the toolbar available at the top of the emails.
- Click on the “Move to inbox” icon from the toolbar.
- Now, a confirmation message will appear on your screen stating that the message is now restored to the inbox. Here, you may also click “undo” to reverse the process.
What are the steps to recover Archived Emails in Gmail App?
In case you don’t have access to a computer then you can recover archived Gmail messages through Gmail app as well.
- Launch the Gmail app from your android or iOS device.
- Tap the menu icon from the top of the screen and choose “All mail” from the panel that will appear.
- Select the email you are looking to retrieve by tapping on it.
- Tap on the three-dot icon that will appear at the top of the email you have selected.
- Select “Move to inbox” from the menu that opens.
- Now, you can simply check the recovered email in your inbox.
Tips and Tricks to avoid accidental archiving
- Be very careful while scrolling down through your inbox and do not make sudden right or left swipe.
- You can also change the swipe to archive option in the Gmail app.
- Watch out for the archived email confirmation message. This message always appears with an undo button. You should click on this button to restore archived Gmail emails instantly.