In this article you will learn to reset your AOL Password & How to Recover a Forgotten AOL Mail Password: It doesn’t matter if your AOL password is changed by someone or you just can’t remember it, you can recover it back with ease. AOL offers a fairly simple yet secure method of AOL email Password Recovery.
However, there are a few important things that you should know about AOL password recovery otherwise things can be a bit complicated. For example – you should know that there is no such method by which you can find out the AOL password that you were using previously. You can only reset your AOL password and create a new one.
The query for AOL Password Recovery with Solutions
- AOL Password Recovery
- How to Recover a Forgotten AOL Mail Password –
- AOL Password Reset
- How to reset your AOL password
- Forgot my AOL password, how to reset it
- How to Recover a Lost AOL Password without Resetting
Also, remember that you should have password recovery options such as phone number, alternate email id, and security question associated with your AOL email account to reset the password. Check the instructions in this article to know the simple methods to retrieve AOL passwords.
Before you reset your AOL Mail Password
There are a few things that you must remember before actually resetting the AOL password.
- Almost every web browser has the feature of saving a password. In case you log into AOL email using a web browser and save the password then you may recover it from there.
- Check your keyboard and make sure the caps lock key is pressed.
- Confirm that you are not making any typing mistakes while entering the current password.
In case you forgot your AOL password or your AOL Email Password not working then you need to reset it.
A step-by-step method to reset AOL Email password
To retrieve your AOL Mail password you should check the simple process elaborated in the following steps:
- Visit the AOL email log-in page.
- Enter your AOL username and click “Sign-in”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the sign-in window and click on the “I forgot my password” link.
- Type in your AOL username for one more time and tap “Next”
- Enter the phone number that is associated with your AOL email account. It is the same number that you used when you sign-up for AOL.
- Click “next” and select “Yes, text me a verification code” on the next screen.
- Now, to verify that you are the legitimate owner of this account, AOL will send a verification code to your phone number.
- Provide the code that you will receive under the “Enter Code” field and click “Verify”.
- Enter the new password that you would like to use for your AOL email account.
- Finally, click on the “save” button to finish the AOL password recovery.
You can see that we have used a phone number to reset the password in the above method. It is also possible to reset your AOL email account password even if you don’t have a phone number associated with your AOL account.
How to retrieve AOL Password with an Alternate email address?
You can recover your AOL password using an alternate email ID by following the steps below:
- Open the AOL email login page and provide your username.
- Select the “Try another verification option” when you are prompted to enter the phone number.
- Click “Next” and select the option to send a verification email to your alternate email ID. (Same email ID that you have used while signing up for AOL email).
- Now close the present tab and log into your alternate email ID in the other tab.
- Look for the email that AOL has sent you. This email will have a subject line similar to this – “Request to reset your password”.
- Tap on the password reset button or link that will be available in the email body.
- This link will redirect you to the page where you have to enter a new password for your AOL email account.
- Enter the new AOL password.
- Finally, conclude the AOL password recovery by clicking “Save”.
Reset AOL Email password using security questions
No need to worry if you don’t have a phone number or an alternate email address added to your account. You can still recover your AOL password without a phone number or email using security questions.
- The password recovery process will start similarly. You need to visit the AOL sign-in page and provide your username in the appropriate fields.
- Keep clicking “Try another verification option” when prompted to enter the verification via A phone number or email address.
- Tap “Next” and select the “Answer Security Question” option.
- Read the security question carefully and answer to the best of your knowledge/ memory and click “next”.
- Now, AOL will match your answer with the previously saved answer.
- In case your answer is correct then you will see the box where you have to provide a new password. Please note that AOL will not let you recover your password in case your answer is not correct.
- Enter the new password that you want to keep for your AOL email account.
To check if the AOL Mail password recovery is successful, you may log in to your account using the new password. If you can’t recover the password using any of the above methods then you should get in touch with AOL customer support to get further assistance.
Other Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Always try to create a password for your AOL account in such a way that is easy to remember for you but tough-to-guess for the others.
- If you struggle to remember AOL Password then we recommend you to use a password manager. There are many password managers available online which can save the AOL password for you.
- In case you ever got a random password reset link on your alternate email ID without any password reset request then you should never click on such a link. This link might be sent by a hacker to hack your account.
- Avoid obvious Patterns like “12345”, “abcdef”, “qwerty”, etc. while creating a new password for your AOL email account.
- Make sure you keep changing your AOL password from time to time to keep your account safe.
You might like: