Here you will learn about How to Reset your Comcast Email Password? You can easily log in to your Comcast email account using your email address and password and enjoy the different features offered by it.
But what if you are not able to recall your Comcast email password? Well, you can easily recover your Comcast email password and then using your new password can sign in again to your account.
All you need to know are the right steps for password recovery. This article provides the simple steps following which you can easily reset the Password of your Comcast email account.
Steps to Reset Comcast Email Password
There can be many reasons why you might want to reset your Comcast email password. maybe you are not able to recall it as you are logging in to your account after so long or you are not able to log in using your current known password (due to compromised security maybe).
Doesn’t matter what the reason is just follow the steps discussed below to set a new password for your Comcast email account.
- Visit the official website of Comcast idm.xfinity.com.
- Now, tap the sign-in button and click on the ‘forgot password?’ link.
- Enter your Xfinity username, email address, or phone number related to the account in the specified boxes.
- Once these details are provided correctly, click on the ‘continue’ button.
- Enter the captcha as it appears on the screen and then the method through which you want to recover your password.
- The following options are available for Reset Comcast password and you can select any method of your choice.
- Email me: A link to reset the Comcast email password will be sent on the alternate email id
- Text me: A code to reset the Comcast email password will be sent to the registered phone number
- Call me: A call containing the code to reset the Comcast email password will be sent to the registered phone number
- Secret question: You can answer your security questions to recover your Comcast email password
- Once you select the preferred option, tap on the ‘continue’ button.
- Provide the new password for your Comcast email account and confirm it by typing again in the given boxes.
- You will see a confirmation page on the screen once your new password is sent successfully.
How to create a strong password for your Comcast email account?
Some helpful tips on how you can create a strong password and keep your account more safe are provided below. Make sure you follow them during Reset Comcast password.
- Make longer passwords as they are hard to crack.
- Do not use personal information as your password.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters in your password.
- Avoid using the same password for different accounts. It may be easier to remember but more prone to hacking.
Comcast Password Recovery: Due to the presence of several well-known email services like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. many users don’t prefer using Comcast email as their primary email account. Not using the Comcast email regularly often results in forgetting the password. But the good thing is that Xfinity offers very simple ways by which you can reset your Comcast password with ease.
You should remember that Xfinity will never send you the lost Comcast email password. You can only run the Reset Comcast password and create a fresh password for your account. Go through this post to know the complete details about the methods of resetting Comcast passwords most effectively.
How can I reset my Comcast password with an alternate email ID?
The situation can be very frustrating if you Reset forgot your Comcast password especially when you are expecting an important email. In such cases, the users can reset their Comcast email password by following the steps below:
- To start the Reset Comcast password, you need to visit the official sign-in page of Xfinity.
- On the sign-in page, you need to click on the “Forgot Your Password?” button.
- Next, enter your Comcast email address or username in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the letter displayed (captcha code) to prove that you are a real person.
- Click on the “Next” button when you are done entering the captcha code.
- Now, under the “How would you like to Proceed” window you need to click on the option to send a reset password link to your alternate email ID.
- After that, you have to log into your alternate email address and locate the email from Xfinity.
- In this email, you will find the Comcast password recovery link.
- The link will take you to a page where you need to enter a new password for your Comcast email account.
- Then, submit a strong yet easy-to-remember password for your Comcast email account.
Now, you may log into your Comcast email account using the new password.
Reset Comcast password without alternate email ID
In case your Comcast email address is the only email ID associated with your Xfinity account then you can reset your Comcast email password using security questions. Given below are the steps to do so.
- Visit the Xfinity log-in page and click on the “forgot your password” link available below the sign-in window.
- Provide your Comcast email address/ username and captcha code.
- On the next page, you need to select the option to answer the security questions under “How would you like to Proceed”.
- Enter your answer to the security question along with your zip code in the appropriate window.
- Click on the “Next” button to finish up the Reset Comcast password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions related to Comcast password recovery.
Question – 1: I know my current Comcast Password, How can I change it?
Answer: If you remember your current password then it is very easy to change your Comcast Password.
- First of all, sign in to your Comcast Xfinity email account and click on “My Account” from the top of the page.
- Next, on your account overview, you need to click on “Manage users and settings”.
- Then, click on the “Change password” button below the name of your account.
- Enter your current password and new password in the respective fields.
- Finally, click “save password”.
Question – 2: What are the guidelines for Comcast passwords?
Answer: Users should keep the following guidelines in mind while creating a new Comcast password.
- The length of your password must be 8 to 16 characters.
- Your password should have a combination of letters, numbers, and symbol
- You can’t use your name or username as a password.
- The password must not have space.
Question – 3: What if I want to change my Comcast username?
Answer: In case you are looking to change your Comcast username due to any personal and professional reason then you should check the steps below:
- Sign in to your Comcast email account and open the user’s tab.
- Tap the username that you are looking to change.
- Click on the edit sign that must be appearing on the right-hand side window.
- Edit your username and also provide your password if prompted to do so.
- Finally, you will get a confirmation message regarding the password change.
Question – 4: I am unable to receive the Comcast password recovery code on my alternate email ID?
Answer: In such cases, you should make sure that the link is sent to the correct email address. Also, confirm that you are looking for the email in the right email ID. Be patient because many a time, the email can get delayed due to network congestion. In case you can’t receive the link even after a prolonged period of time then you should contact Comcast support or reset the password using security questions.
You might like: