How to Remove PC Matic from Windows?: PC Matic is an antivirus and system optimization tool that enhances the performance of your PC while keeping it safe. It incorporates a variety of useful features including antimalware protection, system optimization, automatic scan for available driver updates, registry edition, etc. Despite having all these benefits, PC Matic may not match up with the expectations of some customers. Well, such user can simply remove PC Matic from Windows computer with ease.
The process to uninstall PC Matic from Windows is not much different from removing any other software from a computer. However, you should be aware of some important factors that may cause problems during the removal of PC Matic.
How PC Matic gets into your PC?
Many users often complaints that they found PC Matic installed on their computer mysteriously. Needless to say that it is very annoying to see an app on your computer that you have never installed. If you wondering how PC Matic gets install automatically in your PC then let me tell you it might happen due to Software “Bundling”.
Bundling is a deceptive technique by which developers combine useless applications in the package of a valuable software program. Most of the time, a user tends to ignore components of the software package and installs everything. That’s how you might have installed PC Matic. Regardless of the method how you have installed PC Matic, if you don’t like it then you can remove it straight away.
How to uninstall PC Matic from Windows 10?
If you are a Windows 10 user then all you need to do is follow the steps below to get rid of PC Matic from your Laptop/ PC.
- To start the process, you need to navigate to the control panel on your Windows 10 computer.
- After opening the control panel, choose the “Uninstall a program” option.
- Right-click on any of the following programs – “PC Matic, PC Matic Super Shield”.
- Select “Uninstall” and keep following the subsequent instructions that will appear on your screen.
- Finally, restart your computer once the uninstall gets complete.
What are the steps to remove PC Matic from Windows Vista/ 7?
In case you are using PC Matic on a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you need to check the instructions below to remove PC Matic.
- Click on the “Start” button followed by “Control Panel”
- In the control panel, locate and click on the “Uninstall a program” option.
- Now, a list of all the installed software on your PC will appear on your screen.
- Select “PC Matic” and click “Uninstall”.
- Wait till the uninstall process gets over and restart your PC.
The simple way to Uninstall PC Matic from Windows 8/ 8.1
Check out the steps below to get rid of PC Matic from a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 PC.
- You have to start the process by opening the menu and clicking on the “Search” button.
- Click on the “Apps” option and select “Control Panel”.
- Choose “Uninstall a program” option that is available under “Programs”.
- Locate and choose “PC Matic”.
- Finally, click on the “Uninstall” button and restart your PC.
How can I get rid of PC Matic from Windows XP?
Windows XP is now almost obsolete. Still, if you are using this operating system and wants to uninstall PC Matic then you should check the below steps.
- Begin the process by clicking on the “start” button.
- Open control panel and select the “Add or remove programs” option.
- Choose “PC Matic” from the list of available programs.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button. Don’t forget to restart your PC to save the changes.
Remove PC Matic Add-ons from various Internet Browsers
Sometimes, the add-ons/ extensions of PC Matic remain in the browser even after removing the application using the control panel. In such cases, you need to get rid of these add-ons manually.
Uninstall PC Matic Add-ons from Google Chrome
Google Chrome users can eliminate PC Matic extensions by following the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome menu by clicking on the menu icon (three vertical dots icon) available at the top right corner.
- Move your cursor to the “More tools” option.
- Select “Extensions” from the drop-down menu that will open.
- Now, all the add-ons available in your browser will display on your screen.
- Find “PC Matic” and click on the “Remove” button.
- Give confirmation by tapping “Remove” one more time. This will get rid of PC Matic extension from Chrome.
Remove PC Matic Extension from Mozilla Firefox
Just like chrome, you can also eradicate PC Matic add-on from Mozilla Firefox as well.
- Get the process underway by opening Mozilla Firefox.
- Then, press “ctrl+ shift+ A” buttons simultaneously.
- Now, a new tab will open and a list of all the extensions added to Firefox will appear on your screen.
- Click on the “Remove” button appearing next to the PC Matic.
- On the next page, you have to click on the “Remove” button one more time from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, Firefox will eliminate the PC Matic add-on.
We believe that you will able to uninstall PC Matic from windows after following the instructions given in this post. However, if you still have any query then you should get in touch with the PC Matic Support. https://www.facebook.com/pcmaticcustomerservicenumberusa