How to Set up Bellsouth email On outlook?: If you are using the services of Bellsouth then you might know that it is now merged with AT&T. However, the users having Bellsouth.net email addresses can continue to use their email accounts like ever before. The overall performance of Bellsouth email is quite impressive. But, the one aspect of Bellsouth webmail that is quite praiseworthy is its compatibility with Outlook. You can easily set up Bellsouth email in outlook and send/ receive your email with ease. Go through this tutorial to know about the exact method to configure Bellsouth email in Outlook effortlessly.
Pre-requisite to configure Bellsouth email account on Outlook
Before your skim through the steps to connect Bellsouth email to MS Outlook, you should know about the pre-requisites as given below:
- Make sure your laptop or PC has a smooth internet connection.
- Ensure that you are not using the obsolete version of Microsoft Outlook.
- All the updates of windows must be installed on your computer system.
In case your PC meets all the above requirements then you may move on to Bellsouth email configuration on Outlook.
Steps to add Bellsouth email to Outlook
The complete procedure to set up Bellsouth email account on Outlook 2010 is illustrated in the steps below.
- You may start the configuration process by launching the Outlook 2010 from your PC’s home screen.
- Click on “File”, “Info” and then “Add Account”.
- Tick the checkbox against “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and tap “next” to open the subsequent page.
- Choose the radio button available against “Internet E-mail” and tap “next”.
- Now, you have to set up your account by providing your name and email address in the appropriate fields.
- In the Account type list, you need to choose “POP3”. Also, enter the server addresses as given below.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.att.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com
- Username: Enter your complete Bellsouth email address.
- Password: Provide the password of your Bellsouth email account.
Note: Here, you may check the box against “Remember Password” if you want Outlook to remember your password. By doing this, you will not have to enter your password every time you log in.
- Remember, you don’t have to check the box against “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)”.
- If you want to store your Bellsouth email in Outlook separately from the rest of the messages then you should select “New Outlook data file” radio button under “Deliver new messages”.
- Next, you need to click on the “More settings” tab to open Internet email settings.
- Activate “Outgoing server” bar and check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” box.
- Choose the option to “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” and activate “Advanced” tab.
- Make sure the checkbox against “Leave a copy of messages on the server” is not selected.
- Then, in the incoming server (POP3) box, you need to enter “995”.
- Under Incoming server, you need to ensure that “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” checkbox is selected.
- Similarly, in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) box, you should enter “465”.
- Click on the dropdown button next to “Use the following type of encrypted connection” and select “SSL”. This option will appear under the Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- Click on the “Ok” button from the bottom once you are done with entering all the settings.
- Then, you may click on the “Test Account Settings” button to check if your new setting to configure Bellsouth webmail on Outlook is working or not.
- You will get the congratulation message if the settings are correct.
- Finally, click on “next” and then “Finish” to wrap-up the configuration process.
What to do if Bellsouth email not working on Outlook?
There are a few things that you should try in case Bellsouth email isn’t working on Outlook even after trying the steps discussed in this post.
- Check the POP settings you have entered. In case, Bellsouth not sending email on Outlook then you should check Outgoing server settings. Similarly, if you are unable to receive Bellsouth email on MS Outlook then you should check incoming server settings.
- Please note that the steps provided in this post are applicable to set up Bellsouth email on MS Outlook 2010. In case you are using another version of Outlook then you may check the page specifically for the corresponding version of Microsoft Outlook.
- Switch to IMAP settings in case the POP settings given here are not working for you.
- Contact Bellsouth email support if the problem continues for a prolonged period of time.