Thunderbird Email Not Working Today: Email clients have turned the way we use our email accounts. Gone are the days when we have to bear the clumsy user interface of an email service even though we don’t like it. Now, all we have to do is set up our email account in an email client like Thunderbird and send/ receive messages through the UI of the email client.
One of the finest email clients available today is Mozilla Thunderbird. It is loaded with many awesome features and has a huge customer base. However, many times, a lot of users have to face various inconveniences when their Thunderbird email stops working all of sudden.
Things can be even more problematic when you are looking to send or receive an important email and found Thunderbird Email not working in 2022. In this tutorial, we will help you out with such problems in the best possible manner. Here, we will discuss step-by-step methods to fix Thunderbird in a convenient way.
What issues and problems can occur in Thunderbird?
Mozilla Thunderbird is a highly sophisticated email client that incorporates a lot of technical features. Due to the involvement of high technicalities, there are a large number of issues that a Thunderbird Email user may have to deal with. Given below is a list of some common problems that can stop Mozilla Thunderbird from working properly.
- Thunderbird not connecting to the server
- Problems with Mozilla Thunderbird not responding
- Thunderbird stopped downloading emails
- Mozilla Thunderbird problems sending emails
- Thunderbird connection to the server timed out
- Thunderbird login to server failed
- Gmail settings for Thunderbird not working Today
- Problems in Mozilla Thunderbird update
- Thunderbird not receiving some emails
- Thunderbird email password not working Today
- Mozilla Thunderbird not showing all emails
- Not able to install Mozilla Thunderbird
- Thunderbird hangs while sending emails
Remember all the issues mentioned above are just a handful of examples of a large number of problems associated with the Thunderbird.
Why Thunderbird isn’t working properly?
The precise reason why Thunderbird email not working for you depends upon the specific problem you are encountering. Still, we can compile some primary factors responsible for many Thunderbird errors & issues as given below:
- Poor Internet Connection: Like all other email clients, Thunderbird also needs a proper internet connection in order to work properly. In case there is a disruption in your internet connection then Thunderbird might not work properly
- An obsolete variant of Thunderbird: It is also possible that you might be using an older version of Mozilla Thunderbird and that’s why you are using facing issues.
- Problematic Extensions and Add-ons: Many users install various add-ons and extensions in Thunderbird to enhance its performance. However, many a time, these extensions also result in different issues as well.
- Improper Configuration of Email account: Mozilla Thunderbird is not an email service provider. Instead, it is an email client in which you have to configure an email account. In case your email account is not set up properly in Thunderbird then many errors and issues can occur.
- Malware infection in your PC: Some malicious software programs are created with the sole purpose of interrupting email clients. In case your PC is infected with such malware then Mozilla Thunderbird might not work appropriately for you.
- Another software program conflicting with Thunderbird: If your PC has a software program that can disrupt the Mozilla Thunderbird workflow then you might have to deal with issues.
Mozilla Thunderbird System Requirements
It is important for your devices to fulfill the system requirements of Mozilla Thunderbird in order to use it properly.
Thunderbird System requirement for a Windows Computer
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 R2
- Processor: Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- RAM: At least 1 GB
- Hard disk space: 200 MB at least
System requirements for a Mac Computer
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, and 10.14
- Processor: Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- RAM: At least 512 MB
- Hard disk space: 200 MB at least
How to fix Mozilla Thunderbird Email not working on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10?
There are a lot of users who still prefer Mozilla Thunderbird email on windows 10 even though the OS is equipped with an inbuilt email client i.e. MS Outlook. Let’s go through the steps that you should follow if the Mozilla Thunderbird email isn’t working on a Windows PC/ laptop.
- To initiate the troubleshooting process, you should ensure that you are connected to a fast and smooth internet connection.
- Ensure that you are using an updated version of the Mozilla Thunderbird email client software program.
- Try to run Mozilla Thunderbird in safe mode if the problem continues to haunt you.
- If you are unable to open Mozilla Thunderbird then you should try to launch it again after disabling your antivirus and windows firewall.
- In case thunderbird is loading slowly or hanging constantly then you should disable all its add-ons and extensions.
- Reconfigure your email account in case you are not able to send/ receive emails using Thunderbird. Make sure you enter the correct IMAP/ POP settings to set up an email account.
- Interchange IMAP settings with POP and vice-versa if the issue persists.
- Use a capable antivirus to scan your computer for any malware or virus infection.
- Install all the available windows updates. You may also use the option to automatically update the windows.
- Finally, if the solutions mentioned above can’t resolve the issues then you may uninstall the Thunderbird email and reinstall it.
After reinstallation, Thunderbird should work perfectly on your PC as long as it fulfills the system requirement. However, if the Thunderbird email still not working then you should contact Mozilla Thunderbird email support.